Choosing the right wedding theme is one of the most important decisions a couple can make as they plan their special day.
Whether you’re looking for something classic or modern, rustic or eclectic, it’s important to find a theme that reflects both your personalities and celebrates your love.
To help you make the perfect decision, we’ve put together some of our favorite ideas for the ultimate wedding theme.
From Disney-themed nuptials to a tribute to your favorite movie, here are some of our top picks.
If you and your significant other are big fans of Disney movies, why not incorporate them into your big day?
From a Little Mermaid-themed reception to a Beauty and the Beast ballroom, there are plenty of ways to create a magical Disney-inspired wedding.
Colors: Golden yellow, royal blue, rose-red
A Beauty and the Beast theme is perfect for a classic and romantic wedding and is a perfect pick for couples who are fans of books, Gothic-style locations, and romance
Decorate your venue with twinkling fairy lights and ornate decorations for that Gothic vibe, and opt for afternoon tea in neat bone china.
For something special to share with your new spouse, why not learn the steps to the iconic dance from the movie, “Tale As Old As Time”, and recreate Belle’s iconic golden ballgown for your first dance?
This is a perfect chance to create a truly enchanting wedding for you and your guests.
- Opt for a French-themed menu for your reception, with dishes such as crêpes, quiche, and steak tartare
- Decorate with delicate twinkling lights, tall candelabras, and classic rose arrangements
- Use red roses as the main focus of your floral arrangements
Colors: Pastel shades of pink, blue, yellow, white
For a wedding fit for a princess, look no further than Cinderella.
Opt for an enchanted ballroom venue filled with twinkling fairy lights and lush greenery, and decorate with glass slippers and ornate pumpkins.
Bring your Cinderella experience to life with a horse and carriage for your grand entrance, and send invitations to your ball with traditional, parchment invites – don’t forget to remind guests to bring their glass slippers.
Set a black-tie theme for that fairy tale experience, and serve a delicious array of food, such as pumpkin soup and apple tarts.
- Include glass decorations – tealights, lanterns, and of course, glass slippers
- Choose music that fits the theme, such as classic Disney songs, or string quartets for your ceremony.
- Create a dreamy atmosphere with candles and fairy lights to recreate the magic of the ball
- Set a black-tie dress code for that classic ballroom aesthetic
Colors: Black and white, light, sky blues, whites, rose-red
For a fun and quirky theme, Alice in Wonderland is the perfect pick.
Decorate with teacups, playing cards, and oversized clocks, or recreate the giant chessboard for the ultimate Wonderland vibes!
Bring the theme to life with quirky decorations – label bottles of champagne as ‘Drink Me’, serve up ‘Eat Me’ cupcakes, and include chairs that seem too small, and doors that seem too large.
Don’t forget the importance of the Queen of Hearts – lest you lose your head. Incorporate this element into your big day with playing card place mats, and even packs of playing cards as favors for your guests.
You could even go one step further and divide your guests into black and red cards ahead of time – remember to include this on their invitations – and ask them to dress according to their allocated color.
- Incorporate playing cards into your decorations for a fun touch
- Set up a game of croquet, or a life-size chessboard
- Set up a Mad Hatter’s tea party for guests to enjoy – be as quirky as you like here!
Colors: Bright, icy blue, vibrant white, silver
A Frozen theme is a perfect choice for a dreamy winter wedding, and you can really bring the kingdom of Arendelle to life in so many ways; use fake snow to walk down a snow-covered aisle, and hire professionals to create a perfect ice sculpture as your centerpiece.
Have your guests don their best winter attire, and be sure to incorporate plenty of gauze, lace, and glitter into outfits to create an icy feel.
Why not go the whole way and transform your venue into Elsa’s ice palace, or have a mini Olaf to greet your guests for an added adorable touch?
- Use twinkling lights and icy blue decorations to create that ice palace vibe
- Create a snow-covered aisle with white petals and streamers, or even fake snow!
- Hire professionals to create an ice sculpture as your centerpiece.
- Have a live performance of ‘Let It Go’ to really capture the magic of Frozen
See more: Frozen Wedding Cakes
Colors: Bright yellow, spring greens, pastel pink, vibrant purple
Bring the fairy tale of Tangled to life with a bright and vibrant wedding theme.
With bright yellows, greens, pinks, and purples, you’ll be able to capture the magic of the kingdom of Corona – decorate with twinkling lights and lanterns to really create that enchanted vibe.
For an extra special touch, why not recreate Rapunzel’s tower with a balloon archway or a life-size cutout for your guests to take photos in front of?
Tangled is all about adventure and romance, so really go all out to make your wedding day magical.
- Create unusual hairstyles for the bridal party as a nod to the movie
- Hire professionals to recreate ‘I See The Light’ for your guests
- Use plenty of fresh flowers and foliage as decoration for that springtime feel
Colors: Soft pastels, muted pinks, lavenders, gentle purples
Enjoy a wedding once upon a dream by bringing the story of Sleeping Beauty to life with a soft and romantic wedding that focuses on bringing elements of Aurora’s woodland cottage into your venue.
Decorate with fresh foliage and flowers to create an enchanted forest, and use spinning wheels interspersed with stunning floral arrangements as part of the decoration to weave the story into your big day.
For a dreamy feel, why not have your guests in gorgeous pastels, bridesmaids dressed like fairies in ethereal gowns, and your groomsmen presented as knights to really bring the fairy tale theme to life – the bride, of course, can take pride of place in Aurora’s dusty pink gown, or her grand ballgown creation.
- Hire a horse and carriage for the bride’s entrance for a truly magical feel
- Incorporate twinkling lights, fairy lights and fresh flowers
- Recreate Aurora’s stunning woodland cottage inside your venue with birds, woodland creatures, and natural materials.
See more: Aurora Engagement Rings
Colors: Ruby red, jet black, golden yellow, bright white
For fans of classic Disney, Snow White is the perfect movie – so why not incorporate this into your wedding with an array of fresh blooms and foliage to recreate the cottage Snow White shared with the dwarves, and use lots of mirrors and reflective surfaces as part of your decor.
Opt for ruby red and deep blacks in your decorations to connect to Snow Whites’ famous looks, hire dwarves to help serve food, and feed your guests an array of dishes that are reminiscent of Snow White’s story, such as red apples and poison-free apple pies!
- Create a magic mirror on the wall for guests to ask questions – if they dare!
- Incorporate plenty of fresh blooms and foliage for an enchanted forest feel
- Add plenty of woodland elements to your decorations, including enchanted trees and cuddly animals
Colors: Aqua, teal, coral pink, pearlescent white
Enjoy life under the sea and bring the theme of Disney’s Little Mermaid to your wedding with an array of shimmering and glittering elements – think shells, starfish and sand dollars – to bring the underwater world to life for all your guests to enjoy.
If you are feeling adventurous, opt for a beachfront wedding to really capture the mermaid vibe.
Ask your bridesmaids to dress as mermaids with beautiful glittering gowns and plenty of sequins, while your groomsmen look their best in an aqua tuxedo complete with a seashell boutonniere to really bring the ocean theme home.
Don’t forget to include a Sebastian and Flounder somewhere in the mix – every ocean princess needs her trusted advisors!
If you don’t want to go all out with costumes, just use the characters as inspiration for killer outfits for your wedding party.
Enjoy a range of seafood dishes such as crab cakes and seared scallops – and why not add a few tropical cocktails too?
- Get married on the beach, or in an aquarium, to really bring the theme to life
- Give out items Ariel discovers on her adventures as wedding favors, such as cute forks or tiny mirrors.
- Try a range of tropical cocktails too for that beachy vibe
Colors: Emerald green, midnight blue, lavender
For a truly enchanted wedding theme, look no further than Disney’s Princess and the Frog; think lots of lanterns, ivy, and fairy lights to create a magical ambiance.
Embrace the beauty of nature and decorate your venue with plenty of fresh blooms, ivy, and greenery to bring the outdoors in.
Ask your bridesmaids to dress in elegant gowns and use the movie as inspiration for their accessories; think tiaras, fans, and parasols, and your groomsmen in a classic midnight blue tuxedo and bow ties.
For your food, enjoy a selection of dishes inspired by the movie such as beignets, jambalaya, and gumbo – all classic Louisiana-style dishes.
And why not add some special touches with frog-shaped cookies and cupcakes as a nod to Tiana?
- Transform your venue with plenty of lanterns, ivy, and fairy lights to create a magical ambiance.
- Decorate tables with fresh blooms and greenery to bring the outdoors in.
- For your wedding favors, consider sending your guests home with a small jar of honey or custom-made cookie cutters shaped into the form of frogs.
Colors: Rich gold, deep indigo, dusty pink
Take your guests on a magical journey to Agrabah as you recreate the setting of Aladdin for your wedding day.
From vibrant fabrics and props to richly colored decorations that nod to the Middle Eastern influence of the movie, this theme is sure to create an unforgettable experience for your guests.
For an extra special touch, why not have a ‘magic carpet’ photo corner set up in the corner of your venue complete with cushions and throws – perfect for allowing your guests to share their special day on social media, and capture amazing memories for you all to cherish forever!
As for your wedding favors, how about sending your guests home with a bottle of ‘Aladdin’s Magic Elixir’ – a special blend of spices to recreate the taste of Agrabah.
Or, for something a little different, why not have custom-made cookie cutters in the shape of Aladdin and Jasmine – perfect for making their own magical treats!
- Decorate your venue with lots of colorful textiles to capture the Middle Eastern vibe of the movie.
- Create photo ops with colorful backdrops and props
- Consider sending your guests home with a bottle of ‘Aladdin’s Magic Elixir’.
Colors: Rainbow hues
Up is a story about love, so why not transform your wedding into an unforgettable experience with a vibrant rainbow theme that celebrates love in all its forms?
Bring your theme to life with a variety of fun props and backdrops for your guests to enjoy.
Use colorful paper planes, floating lanterns, cloud-shaped cushions, or even an oversized helium balloon in the shape of a house to create a special photo opportunity for your guests.
To take the theme to the next level, why not organize your very own hot air balloon experience – with a little planning, you may be able to say “I do” on board a balloon or soar into the sky after sharing your vows.
- Choose a color palette of rainbow hues to bring the Up theme to life.
- Use hot air balloons as a part of your decor
- Create a fun atmosphere with props and backdrops such as paper planes, floating lanterns, and cloud-shaped cushions.
Fairy Tale Wedding Themes
Colors: Soft pinks, baby blues, lavender ivory
For a truly enchanting theme, choose decorations that capture the soft and dreamy feel of a fairy tale.
Decorate your venue with glistening fairy lights, delicate lace, and shimmering organza fabric for an ethereal feel, and use delicate props such as fake butterflies, roses, and pearls to add a touch of whimsy.
For something truly unique, why not have a ‘magic mirror’ complete with smoke machines and flashing LED lights – perfect for creating a special photo opportunity for your guests – you can also combine this with an elegant archway of flowers and balloons, giving your guests a proper entrance into Fairyland as soon as they enter your wedding and, once again, creating an incredible backdrop for photographs.
- Serve a range of whimsical food such as cute cupcakes and marshmallows
- Decorate your venue with glistening fairy lights, delicate lace, and shimmering organza fabric.
- Provide your guests with a copy of a fairy tale book to take home and enjoy.
Colors: White, silver, icy blue, light purple
If your wedding date falls in the depths of winter, look no further than a truly magical fairy tale winter wonderland theme.
And choose decorations that capture the beauty of the season, such as white and silver icicle lights and snow-covered trees.
For your food and drink, serve up dishes to capture the winter season such as hot chocolate or mulled wine, and add some snow-covered cupcakes or miniature igloos made from marshmallows.
To bring the winter wonderland theme to life, you can hire an ice sculpture artist to create a beautiful masterpiece for your guests to admire.
For something truly special, have a snow machine installed to create a flurry of snowflakes – perfect for that winter wonderland photo opportunity!
- Choose decorations and colors that capture the beauty of winter.
- Enjoy hot chocolate and mulled wine to capture the winter season.
- Add igloos and fake snow to your venue
- Select a winter wedding date
Colors: Green, brown, navy, gold
For a wedding with a touch of magic, an enchanted forest theme is an excellent choice.
Transform your venue with lush greenery such as ivy or ferns and hang fairy lights from the branches to create a magical atmosphere.
For your reception, why not have a ‘forest feast’ complete with wild game dishes such as venison, rabbit, or pheasant, and serve mushroom risotto and truffle-infused dishes for a truly unique touch?
To make the enchanted forest theme even more special, why not bring some forest natives to join the fun – arrange for a live owl or hawk on display for your guests to admire, and organize an exhibition or display from their handlers?
- Offer activities such as archery and wood chopping for a woodland vibe
- Decorate your venue with lush greenery such as ivy or ferns.
- Have a live owl or hawk on display for your guests to admire.
See more: Enchanted Forest Wedding Cakes
Colors: Pale pink, white, forest green, gold
For a garden wedding with a touch of romance, look no further than an enchanting secret garden theme.
Transform your venue into a secret paradise with cascading flowers in pastel hues and hang strings of pearls from the branches to create a truly dreamy atmosphere.
Enjoy garden-inspired salads and fresh fruit platters, and create a ‘garden cake’ complete with edible flowers and foliage.
As an alternative, why not opt for high tea or a fancy afternoon tea with freshly-baked scones and delicate sandwiches, both of which are perfect for a garden wedding?
Enjoy activities such as croquet, badminton, and chess, and carry the theme throughout the entire event by adding keys to your invitations – this, after all, is a secret garden, and entry will be admitted only to the chosen few!
- Try and use a real garden for the ceremony or reception
- Ask your guests to bring their key for access to the garden
- Bring in some live entertainment such as a string quartet or harpist to play gentle melodies.
Colors: Deep, royal blues, rich indigo, bright whites, ruby red
If you are looking for a true fairy tale theme for your wedding, then what could be better than a castle-inspired celebration?
Decorate your castle with candles, crystals, and shimmering fabrics to create an opulent atmosphere – if the budget allows, why not go that extra mile and get hitched in the grounds or Great Hall of a real-life castle for that authentic experience?
For your reception, feast on luxury canapés or throw a medieval banquet-style feast to add some extra drama to your special day, and hire costumed characters such as knights or ladies-in-waiting to greet your guests and serve drinks.
You can also hire a horse-drawn carriage for the bride and groom to make their grand entrance, and don’t forget to send out your handwritten invitations to all the realm, and opt for party favors such as crowns, scepters, and jewels to fit in with the castle theme.
- Enjoy beef wellington, smoked salmon, terrine, roasted vegetables, and rich red wine for a banquet feel
- Hire a jester or bard to recite poems and perform songs
- Have the bride and groom make a grand entrance, and sit in thrones for the feast
- Use scrolls, calligraphy, and heavy parchment when sending out your invitations
Colors: Soft pastels, light pinks, blues, and greens
Create a dreamy wedding with an ethereal twist by creating a unique, dream-like atmosphere for your wedding; make the most of fairy lights, sheer fabrics, and paper lanterns to create an otherworldly vibe, and dress your wedding party in plenty of flowing gauze to recreate the inside of a fantasy.
Use fabric hangings to divide your venue into sections, and use mirrors for a slightly disorienting effect – why not go all the way and have an actual hall of mirrors to really make your guests wonder if they have nodded off?
This is a dream world, and anything could happen.
- Choose a light, ethereal color palette such as pastel pinks, blues, and greens.
- Use gauzy, light fabrics for decorations and outfits – try hanging curtains or sheet fabric around the venue for a dream-like feel.
- Hire a magician or performer to create trucks and illusions
- Create special ethereal-inspired cocktails – think bright colors and fruit-infused spirits.
See more: Ethereal Wedding Theme Ideas
Movie/TV Wedding Themes
Colors: Silvers, whites, bright green, deep blues
Create a wedding fit for a Jedi Knight and Princess Leia with a Star Wars-themed wedding.
Decorate your venue with droids, lightsabers, and other intergalactic touches to really capture the spirit of the movies.
Cook up cocktails in test tubes, or provide guests with glasses of blue milk – just like they do on Tatooine!
For entertainment, hire a live band to play your favorite Star Wars tunes, and why not arrange a lightsaber duel between the groom and the best man?
To really bring the theme to life, hire costumed characters such as Stormtroopers and Darth Vader to wander around the venue; this is perfect for some awesome photo ops!
- Decorate your venue with Star Wars-inspired touches such as lightsabers, and droids
- Get creative with food and drink for a cosmic experience
- Hire costumed characters to wander around the venue
- Give guests droids, blue milk, or mini lightsabers as favors
Colors: Ruby red, sapphire blue, emerald green, golden yellow
For a truly magical wedding, why not opt for a Harry Potter themed celebration?
Transform your venue into Hogwarts with the help of some clever decorations – add floating candles and paper snowflakes and, of course, the hangings and decorations for the four houses: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff.
Treat your guests to food inspired by the books such as butter beer, pumpkin pasties, and treacle tart.
For something extra special, create a giant ice sculpture of Hagrid and his beloved dragon Norbert, and choose pages and quotes from the books to form part of your decorations – perhaps you give each table a specific quote that means something to the happy couple.
For entertainment, sort guests into their houses ahead of time, and arrange a costume contest for guests to compete in – the house with the most points will win the House Cup at the end of the evening!
Take your favors up a notch and provide each guest with their own wand, a small box of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, or a small vial of Polyjuice Potion – to be used only in an emergency of course!
- Create a magical atmosphere with floating candles and paper snowflakes.
- Sort guests into houses ahead of time, and recreate the Great Hall
- Hire a magician to cast spells throughout the evening
Colors: Emerald green, sapphire blue, deep gold
Try something ethereal by entering the world of Lord of the Rings, and make sure that your wedding is memorable for all the right reasons.
Decorate your venue with Elven touches such as trees and foliage, and enjoy dishes such as heart-shaped cakes and honey mead with your guests, or opt for a more traditional feast with a twist – roast boar, parsnips, and other Middle Earth delicacies.
For entertainment, arrange some fun games to get your guests in the spirit, such as riddle contests and trivia quizzes – which guest will emerge as the true authority on Middle Earth?
- Decorate your venue with Elven touches such as trees and branches.
- Hire a live band to play some of your favorite Lord of the Rings tune
- Provide each guest with their own Elven cloak or a small bottle of Miruvor – the magical elixir of power!
Colors: Burgundy, gold, silver
For a truly regal wedding, why not take inspiration from the Seven Kingdoms and bring the world of Game of Thrones to life?
Transform your venue with decorations inspired by Westeros – think banners, flags, and even a replica Iron Throne.
Serve up food inspired by the books such as roasted boar and lemon cakes – you can even add a twist to traditional dishes such as a red wine and blood orange trifle.
Provide each guest with their own favor – perhaps a mini replica of the Iron Throne, a bottle of Dornish wine, or a small vial of dragon’s blood if you are feeling particularly generous – just make sure that there are no Targaryens lurking nearby!
- Transform your venue with decorations inspired by Westeros, such as banners and flags.
- Hire a medieval-style band to play your favorite Game of Thrones tunes throughout the night.
- Ask guests to come in costume
Colors: Black, silver, deep purple
Take your guests to the land of Forks, Washington by creating an atmosphere inspired by the books, and bring your love of Twilight to your very own wedding.
Decorate your venue with beautiful flower arches and natural foliage to emulate the nuptials of Bella and Edward, and hire a live band to play some of your favorite Twilight tunes throughout the night.
This theme is perfect if you opt for an outdoor wedding; tranquil woodland and proximity to nature will really help you enjoy those Twilight vibes, and you can even hire some actors dressed as key characters from the movies to entertain your guests during the evening.
For favors, provide each guest with a mini bottle of Twilight-inspired perfume or something more unique, such as a small vial of sparkling glitter that makes them feel like they are standing in the meadow where Bella and Edward first meet.
- Try to have your ceremony outside, just like Bella and Edward
- Decorate with plenty of natural foliage, flowers, and fairy lights
- Make the most of glitter and sparkles for that Twilight vampire vibe!
Colors: Deep red, black, white
Transform your venue into a Pirate’s paradise with pirate flags and banners, a treasure island complete with wooden chests filled with treats and trinkets, and draped fishing nets over your tables to capture the perfect haul.
Time for dinner? Then enjoy delicious food fit for a pirate, such as fish ‘n’ chips or a seafood platter.
Take the theme into every detail by hiring actors dressed as key characters from the movies such as Jack Sparrow, and dress your bridal party in traditional 18th-century garb to emulate the demure Elizabeth Swann – only to reveal your pirate queen selves at the reception!
For added ambiance, hang pirate ship models and telescopes throughout the venue to give the illusion that you are on a grand adventure.
You could even hire a local actor to perform traditional sea shanties – just like those that were sung during long days at sea
- Hire a photo booth with pirate inspire themes and decorations
- Provide each adult guest with their own mini bottle of rum
- Hire actors dressed as key characters from the movies such as Jack Sparrow
- Hang pirate flags and banners throughout the venue to capture the perfect atmosphere
Colors: Scarlet, royal blue, gold
Transform your wedding into the ultimate Marvel-themed celebration with decorations inspired by the comics and movies.
Hang large banners of your favorite superheroes throughout the venue, create a life-sized Captain America shield for guests to take photos in front of, and even place a giant Iron Man mask on top of the cake.
Serve up classic superhero food such as hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn to keep the energy high throughout the night.
Characters are crucial here – you can hire actors dressed as key characters from the movies such as Iron Man and Captain America, ask guests to dress up, and adorn your bridal party in traditional superhero garb to emulate the heroes of Marvel.
For added ambiance, hang large movie posters and lights throughout the venue to capture the perfect superhero atmosphere.
- Create a life-sized Captain America shield for the perfect photo op
- Ask your guests to come as their favorite superhero
- Hire actors dressed as key characters from the movies such as Iron Man and Captain America
Colors: Ivory, deep red, royal blues
A Titanic-themed wedding is a great way to pay homage to the beautiful and tragic story of the doomed ocean liner, and offers the elegance, sophistication, and beauty that are perfect for a wedding.
Create a romantic atmosphere with decorations inspired by the iconic movie, such as vintage lamps, potted plants, and feather boas draped around chairs.
For entertainment, hire a live band to play some of your favorite Titanic tunes throughout the night – you can even dress them up in elegant evening attire and request traditional songs and tunes.
Embrace the romance of early Edwardian fashion with guests dressed as key characters from the movie, such as Rose and Jack, and recreate some of Rose’s iconic looks with your bridal party.
For added ambiance, you can hang large movie posters throughout the venue to capture the perfect atmosphere.
- Recreate the beauty of the ship with stunning decorations
- Bring the romance of Rose and Jack to life by using quotes from the movie
- Hire a live band to play some of your favorite Titanic tunes throughout the night
- Serve up dishes fit for a king, such as smoked salmon canapés or roast beef with Yorkshire pudding
Colors: Gold, blush pink, silver
Bring the Regency Era to life at your wedding with a stunning Bridgerton theme.
Create a romantic atmosphere with vintage furniture and plants, classic silk hangings, and beautiful white roses adorning the tables.
When the time comes to eat, enjoy dishes fit for a duke or duchess such as roasted beef with gravy and Yorkshire pudding or salmon en croute, and create a signature drink inspired by the show such as “Lady Whistledown’s Fizz” – a mix of champagne and elderflower liqueur – for your toast.
Ask guests to come as their favorite characters from the show, and adorn your bridal party in traditional Regency attire to emulate the lavishness of the era.
Use a live orchestra to recreate some Regency classics, and learn a classic dance for your first dance as a married couple to really replicate that “high society” feel.
- Encourage guests to come as their favorite characters from the show
- Create a signature drink for guests to enjoy
- Decorate your venue with beautiful white roses and Regency-themed decorations
Colors: Silver, gold, white
Decadence, romance, and a touch of glamour – the Great Gatsby is the perfect theme for a sophisticated wedding that is focused on having an amazing time.
Create a luxurious atmosphere with decorations inspired by the iconic movie, such as glittery golden streamers, feathered centerpieces, and glamorous chandeliers.
Serve up dishes fit for Jay Gatsby himself, with the finest ingredients and most luxurious options, and make sure that the champagne is flowing all night.
When it comes to fashion, this is your chance to go wild with 20s glamour, from vintage feather boas to sequined dresses and flapper-style headpieces for the bridal party.
Organize a live band to play all the classic 20s tunes, and enjoy an evening of sultry jazz and swing dancing.
- Ensure you have plenty of glitzy decorations
- Hire a live jazz band to play all the classic 20s tunes
- Encourage guests to dress up in vintage 20s fashion
- Go wild with the sparkles, sequins, and glitz!
Colors: Green, brown, orange
Head out to the swamp, and bring the magic of the Shrek movies to your wedding with a fun and creative theme.
Recreate Shrek’s beloved home with decorations such as swampy green foliage, dragon-shaped balloons, and donkey ears for guests to wear.
Enjoy an ogre-inspired menu including frog legs, roasted turkey legs, and giant cupcakes!
When it comes to fashion, go all out with a themed bridal party, from princess Fiona and Shrek costumes to fairytale-inspired gowns for the bride.
- Create an enchanted atmosphere with swampy green foliage and dragon-shaped balloons
- Enjoy an ogre-inspired menu including frog legs, roasted turkey legs, and giant cupcakes!
- Encourage guests to dress up in their favorite fairy tale characters from the movie
Colors: Silver, gold, champagne, white, ruby red
Recreate the amazing glamour, elegance, and style of Old Hollywood at your wedding with this timeless theme.
Create a luxurious atmosphere with decorations inspired by classic films such as satin tablecloths, sparkling chandeliers, and old-fashioned movie posters.
Enjoy a range of dishes fit for the silver screen, with vintage-style canapés, champagne cocktails, and a decadent dessert table.
The fashion opportunities for this theme are incredible; go wild with sequins, glamour, and a hint of vintage, and ask the bridal party to dress up in classic Hollywood-inspired attire, from long satin gowns to tuxedos and top hats.
- Take inspiration from classics such as Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Casablanca, and Gone with the Wind
- Decorate your venue with vintage movie posters, glittery chandeliers, and satin linens
- Encourage guests to dress up in classic Hollywood-inspired attire
- Hire a live band to play classic Old Hollywood tunes
Spooky Wedding Themes
Colors: Black, deep purple, dark red
Create a dark and mysterious atmosphere with gothic-inspired decorations such as black candles, velvet drapes, and wrought iron furniture.
Conjure up dishes fit for the undead, including an all-black cake topped with skulls and spiders, spooky cocktails, and of course plenty of candy.
When it comes to fashion, this is your chance to go wild with corsets, capes and even vampire-inspired makeup.
Ask the bridal party to dress up in gothic wedding attire, from black velvet suits to ravishing red gowns, and give the guests free rein when it comes to deep plum lipsticks and plenty of intricate, cobweb-like lace.
- Opt for a Gothic-style venue such as a castle or a Gothic-style home
- Decorate your venue with black candles, velvet drapes, and wrought iron furniture
- Encourage guests to dress up in gothic wedding attire such as corsets, capes and vampire-inspired makeup
Colors: Copper, bronze, black
Let your imagination run wild with a steampunk-inspired wedding theme.
Create a unique and exciting atmosphere with decorations such as copper pipes, industrial lighting, and vintage clocks.
Bring together dishes fit for an adventurer, from copper-plated steak to fried chicken wings and traditional English afternoon tea.
This is a chance to get creative with your fashion choices and go mad for mechanical accessories such as corsets, goggles, and steampunk-style hats.
Ask the bridal party to dress up in vintage-inspired outfits, from velvet suits to Victorian-style gowns, and give the guests plenty of opportunities to explore their creativity with a range of steampunk-inspired accessories.
- Opt for a vintage venue such as an industrial building or museum
- Decorate your venue with copper pipes, industrial lighting, and vintage clocks
- Create steampunk-style invitations, complete with Victorian-era fonts and intricate illustrations.
Colors: Bright orange, black, bright green
Embrace the season of the witch at your wedding, and create a spooky and fun atmosphere with Halloween-inspired decorations such as jack-o’-lanterns, spider webs, and hanging bats, and conjure up some seasonal treats from pumpkin-flavored desserts to candy corn cocktails and traditional ghostly treats.
Halloween weddings lend themselves to a host of fun activities, from a creepy scavenger hunt to a spooky costume contest.
When it comes to fashion, go wild with gothic-style gowns and corsets, or opt for more traditional ghostly costumes such as witches, vampires, and mummies.
Brides can be transformed into zombie brides or glamorous witches, while grooms can become vampire lords.
- Try to hire a Halloween-style venue such as a haunted mansion or old castle for the full spooky effect
- Use sound effects and music to create a creepy vibe
- Encourage guests to dress up in Halloween costumes such as witches, vampires, and mummies
Colors: White, black, deep purple
Create a spooky, romantic atmosphere with corpse bride-inspired decorations such as white candles and lace veils, and go all out with long trains, dark makeup, and headpieces fit for the undead.
Encourage the bridal party to dress up in traditional corpse bride style, from long white gowns to black suits with top hats, to really bring the theme to life.
The Corpse Bride theme can also be extended to your invitations, giving guests a flavor of what is to come – choose something with a darkly romantic feel, complete with illustrations of skeletons and skulls, to invite the chosen few to a selected ceremony.
- Go wild with your makeup for a full corpse bride look
- Choose a venue that fits the theme, such as a castle or graveyard
- Create an atmosphere of romance and magic with white candles and lace veils
Colors: Black, white, bright orange, pale yellow
Let your imagination take flight with a Nightmare Before Christmas-inspired wedding theme.
Create a spooky atmosphere with decorations such as skeletons, pumpkins, and spider webs. Indulge in tasty dishes fit for the season, from pumpkin spice cake to candy apples and traditional Halloween treats.
This is a chance to get really creative with your fashion choices; go for a gothic look, complete with corsets, gowns, and top hats for the bridal party.
Encourage guests to dress up in Halloween-style outfits, from jack-o’-lantern suits to Victorian-style gowns – this is a theme where you can let your creativity fly.
When it comes to your invitations, opt for something inspired by the cult classic movie; choose a design that features characters like Jack Skellington or Sally, or use a color palette of black, white, and bright orange.
- Choose a spooky venue for a full Gothic, “Nightmare” experience
- Embrace the characters with themed costumes and decorations
Choose a Nightmare Before Christmas-inspired design for your invitations with characters from the movie
Colors: Black, white, scarlet, gunmetal gray
Bring the glamour of a classic mafia wedding to life with some fun decorations, such as fedoras and cigars.
Get ready to enjoy dishes fit for a mobster’s dinner, from Italian-style pasta dishes to classic cocktails and wines.
When it comes to fashion, go all out with pinstripe suits and chic gangster-style dresses for the bridal party, complete with fedoras and sunglasses.
Encourage guests to dress up in gangster-style outfits, from black suits to flapper dresses, and don’t forget the cigar boxes.
Choose a mafia-style design for your invitations, with a classic black-and-white color palette and illustrations of guns and money.
- Choose a venue that fits the theme, such as an old-style Italian restaurant or a venue that has been renovated to look like an old-school speakeasy.
- Create an atmosphere of sophistication and glamour with black and white decorations, and include key details such as fedoras and cigars.
Hobby Wedding Themes
Colors: Red, white, navy blue
Baseball weddings are the perfect way to celebrate your love of the game.
Decorate the venue with baseball-themed decorations, such as pennants and banners, and serve up classic ballpark food like hot dogs and popcorn.
Encourage guests to dress up in baseball-inspired outfits, from varsity jackets to team jerseys.
For invitations, choose a design with a vintage baseball feel; use a color palette of red, white, and navy.
- Choose a venue with a baseball field or stadium for the perfect backdrop.
- Encourage guests to dress up in baseball-inspired outfits, from varsity jackets to team jerseys.
Colors: Bright blue, grass green, white
A fishing-themed wedding is a great way to celebrate your love of the outdoors.
Decorate the venue with fish-inspired decorations, such as lures and nets, and offer foods like fish tacos and lobster rolls.
When it comes to guest and bridal party attire, opt for casual yet stylish outfits; think linen shirts and shorts for the groom and bridesmaids, and bright blue dresses for the bride to emulate the magic of the great outdoors, and extend these dress codes to your guests.
Continue the marine feel in your invitations with a color palette of bright blue and grass green, and illustrations of fish and boats to keep the theme alive.
- Choose a venue with a waterfront or beach setting for the perfect backdrop.
- Encourage guests to dress in casual but stylish outfits, such as linen shirts and shorts.
Colors: Off-white, beige, sage green, deep red
A book-themed wedding is the perfect way to celebrate your love of literature.
Decorate the venue with book-inspired decorations, such as old books and antique typewriters, and use inkwells as centerpieces for that vintage writer’s vibe.
When it comes to dressing the bridal party, opt for classic, literary-inspired outfits; think off-white gowns and deep red suits.
For invitations, choose a design with a vintage book feel; perhaps a classic parchment design, or even an ancient scroll, depending on your literary preferences.
- Choose a venue that emulates your love of books, such as an old library or even a bookshop!
- Decorate with quotes from your favorite books
- Place copies of your favorite books on the table for guests to peruse – you can even include them in the favors if appropriate
Colors: Vibrant blue, bright green, dark purple
If you and your spouse are both gamer fans, then why not incorporate this into your wedding?
Decorate the venue with video game-inspired decorations, such as classic games consoles and 8-bit characters, and serve up dishes like burgers and fries for that classic arcade feel.
When it comes to guest dress codes, encourage people to dress up in their favorite characters or game-inspired outfits; think vibrant blues and bright greens for a pixelated twist.
You can also get creative when sending your invitations; why not create a design with a vintage 8-bit feel, send out digital invites, or even send out the invitations in video game boxes to really get people in the mood?
- Choose a venue to match your love of video games; an old arcade would be perfect.
- Provide classic video games for guests to enjoy during the reception.
- Include a hashtag in the invitations, so guests can share their photos of the day to continue the nod to the digital space
Colors: Bold pink, vivid yellow, electric blue
An anime-themed wedding is the perfect way to celebrate your shared love of Japanese animation.
Decorate the venue with anime-inspired decorations, such as manga art and figurines, and put together dishes like sushi for that Japanese twist.
When it comes to guest dress codes, encourage people to dress up in their favorite characters or anime-inspired outfits; think bold pinks, vivid yellows, and electric blues for a high-energy look.
When it comes to invitations, choose a design with a manga feel; use bright colors of the rainbow to really bring the theme to life.
- Choose a venue that allows you to celebrate your love of anime; perhaps an old arcade or even a comic book store
- Include a hashtag in the invitations, so guests can share their photos of the day to continue the nod to anime culture.
- Provide anime-inspired favors for your guests, such as figurines or badges.
Colors: Lime green, vibrant yellow, electric blue, bright red
Are you a fan of all things Pokémon?
Then why not plan your wedding around this awesome theme?
Decorate the venue with fun Pokemon-inspired decorations, such as Pikachu balloons and Pokeballs, and serve up dishes like sushi to add a nod to the Japanese origins.
Encourage guests to dress up in their favorite characters or Pokemon-inspired outfits; think lime green, vibrant yellow, electric blue, and bright red for a truly eye-catching look, and recreate some of the iconic looks of trainers.
This theme offers a chance to really get creative – provide guests with favors such as gym badges, or cards of their favorite Pokémon – don’t forget to catch ’em all!
For a fun reception activity, why not ask guests to download Pokémon Go, and see how many you can get?
- Offer Pokémon trainer hats or gym badges as wedding favors
- Create cute Pokeball-inspired cupcakes and treats
- Have a game of Pokémon Go all around the venue
- Send your guests invitations using Pokeballs or trading cards
Colors: Bright pink, vivid orange, electric blue, metallic silvers
For the ultimate throwback wedding theme, why not choose a classic disco?
Transform your venue to a dance floor with vintage decorations such as disco balls and glitter galore, and chow down on dishes like fondue for a classic 70s feel.
This is a chance for both guests and the wedding party to dress up in their best disco-inspired outfits; think bright pinks, vivid oranges, and electric blues for a throwback, disco vibe.
When it comes to invitations, opt for a design with a retro feel; use a color palette of bold purple and bright yellow to really bring the theme to life.
- Hire an old roller rink for an awesome roller disco
- Create a soundtrack of disco classics
- Provide retro-inspired favors such as bow ties and 70s sunglasses for your guests.
Colors: Rich brown, creamy white, earthy green
Coffee lovers rejoice! A coffee-inspired wedding is a perfect way to celebrate your shared love of all things caffeinated.
Decorate the venue with coffee-themed decorations, such as coffee beans and mugs, and serve up dishes like espresso martinis for a unique twist.
Guests should be encouraged to dress up in rich browns, creamy whites, and earthy greens for a cozy atmosphere and when it comes to the invitations, choose a design with a latte art feel; use warm tones of the rainbow to really bring the theme to life.
- Hire a barista making specialty coffees for your guests
- Offer coffee-themed favors such as mugs and espresso beans
- Have a coffee bar with different flavors of coffee for guests to try.
Colours: Rich greens, deep blues, warm golds
For a Celtic-inspired wedding, decorate the venue with traditional decorations such as thistles and tartan patterns, and serve up dishes like haggis and whiskey to add a nod to the Scottish roots.
When it comes to guest dress codes, encourage people to dress up in their favorite Celtic-inspired outfits; think rich greens, deep blues, and warm gold for an authentic look.
When it comes to invitations, opt for a design with a traditional Celtic feel; use a color palette of earthy tones to really bring the theme to life.
- Hire a bagpipe player or a Ceilidh band
- Offer traditional Scottish favors such as whiskey or tartan-themed items
- Have a whiskey-tasting bar or a scotch egg-eating competition!
Colors: Bold reds, Royal blues, metallic golds
For a wedding fit for warriors, bring a Viking-inspired wedding to life by decorating your venue with fierce decorations such as shields and swords.
Serve up dishes like smoked salmon to add a nod to the Nordic origins, and don’t forget to have plenty of mead on tap!
A Viking wedding is a chance to dress up in bold reds, royal blues and metallic golds; think fur-trimmed cloaks and horned helmets for an authentic look, and dress the bridal party in thick fur cloaks over traditional Viking outfits; you can even give the bride her own shield to demonstrate her power and authority.
- Hire a Viking re-enactment group for entertainment
- Offer traditional Viking favors such as mead or axes
- Have an axe-throwing competition or a Viking boat race!
See more: Viking Wedding Rings
Colors: Rich purples, bright, sky blues and cool, sage greens
A Moroccan-inspired wedding is perfect for those dreaming of an exotic escape.
Decorate the venue with vibrant decorations such as colorful rugs and patterned cushions, and treat your guests to amazing dishes like couscous and tagine.
This theme works perfectly with a dress code of rich purples, bright sky blues, and cool sage greens; think flowing fabrics, beaded jewelry, and intricate embroidery to really bring the theme to life.
In terms of activities for the evening part of your wedding, why not hire a belly dancer or a fortune-teller to really add a wow factor?
- Hire a shisha pipe for guests to enjoy
- Offer traditional Moroccan favors such as incense or lanterns
- Hold a henna tattooing session or an Arabic coffee tasting.
Colors: Bold reds, sunset oranges, and turquoise blues
Perhaps the happy couple met in Mexico, or one or both has heritage in this rich region?
Whatever the reason, a Mexican wedding is a perfect chance for light, color, and plenty of fun – not to mention tequila!
Decorate the venue with traditional decorations such as sombreros and piñatas, and allow your guests to feast on dishes like tacos and enchiladas to really bring the theme to life!
When it comes to guests dressing up for your big day, encourage people to dress in bold reds, sunset oranges, and turquoise blues; think floral prints, fringed shawls, and cowboy boots for an authentic look.
As for activities, why not hire a Mariachi band or have a tequila-tasting station for a true taste of Mexico?
- Hire a Mariachi band to add a Mexican flavor to your day
- Offer traditional Mexican favors such as bottles of tequila or sombreros
- Hold a tequila tasting session or a Mexican hat dancing competition!
See more: Mexican Wedding Dresses
Colors: Bright pinks, sunny yellows, and bright greens
If you’re looking for a fun theme with plenty of color and warmth, then a Hawaiian-inspired wedding is a perfect choice!
Decorate the venue with lush tropical flowers and vibrant colors, and think about serving up dishes like poke bowls to really bring the theme to life.
Encourage guests to dress up in bright pinks, sunny yellows, and bright greens; think floral prints, grass skirts, and even coconuts for a true Hawaiian feel.
As for activities, why not hire a steel band or have a limbo contest to really get everyone in the spirit of the day?
- Hire a steel band for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional Hawaiian favors such as leis or coconuts
- Hold a limbo contest or a hula dancing competition!
See more: Hawaiian Wedding Dresses
Colors: Rich golds, regal blues, and deep reds
If you’re looking for a wedding theme that oozes luxury and opulence, then an Egyptian-inspired wedding is a perfect choice!
Decorate the venue with rich golds, regal blues, and deep reds to really bring the theme to life; incorporate hieroglyphics, statues of Pharaohs, and plenty of candles for a truly spectacular setting.
Create an array of Egyptian-themed guests with amazing kaftans and jewels – you could even provide masks or headdresses for guests to wear during the evening part of your wedding.
As for activities, why not hire a professional belly dancer or an Egyptian tarot reader to really add a wow factor?
- Hire a professional belly dancer to entertain guests
- Offer traditional Egyptian favors such as incense or miniature pyramids
- Hold an Egyptian tarot reading session or a henna tattooing session.
See more: Egyptian Wedding Traditions
Colors: Rich purples, vibrant pinks, deep golds
Get ready for a wedding guaranteed to take your breath away with an incredible Indian-inspired theme, and create a stunning backdrop with plenty of rich purples, vibrant pinks, and deep golds to really bring the theme to life; think draping fabrics, henna tattoos, and jewels for an authentic feel.
When it comes to dressing up, encourage guests to wear traditional Indian outfits such as saris and sherwanis, and hire a professional Bollywood dancer to create amazing entertainment and give guests a taste of true Bollywood glamour as you enjoy a meal of delicious Indian food.
- Hire a professional Bollywood dancer to get the party started
- Offer traditional Indian favors such as bangles or bindis
Colours: Bright blues, sunny yellows, and crisp whites
For a wedding with plenty of glamour, create a stunning Greek-inspired theme to wow your guests.
Decorate the venue with bright blues, sunny yellows, and crisp whites to bring the theme to life; think olive branches, white marble statues, and plenty of lanterns for an authentic feel.
When it comes to the dress code, make sure guests are aware of the kaftans and togas that are available and make the most of accessories like laurel wreaths and gold coins for a more authentic look – the bride could wear these in her hair, or pinned to her dress for an amazingly authentic look.
When the time comes for dinner, make the most of traditional Greek cuisines such as moussaka and gyros to really get everyone in the spirit of the day.
- Hire a live Greek band or Greek dancers for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional Greek favors such as figs or coins
- Hold an olive oil tasting session or a grape stomping competition
Colours: Earthy terracotta, olive greens, and pale yellows
If you’re dreaming of a Tuscan-inspired wedding, make sure to decorate the venue with earthy terracotta, olive greens, and pale yellows to really bring the theme to life; think lots of herbs, twinkly lights and plenty of candles for a truly romantic feel.
Encourage guests to wear traditional Italian outfits such as brightly colored linen or perhaps traditional white dresses for the ladies and, of course, no Tuscan wedding is complete without plenty of delicious Italian food – make sure to include some classic dishes such as lasagna, tiramisu, and focaccia.
- Hire a live Italian band or opera singer for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional Italian favors such as miniature bottles of limoncello or jars of homemade pesto
- Hold a wine-tasting session for guests to enjoy.
Colours: Bright pinks, electric blues, shimmering golds
If you’re looking to bring a touch of Las Vegas glamour to your wedding, make sure to decorate the venue with bright pinks, electric blues, and shimmering golds; think giant playing cards, neon lights and plenty of feathers for a truly show-stopping feel.
This is a theme that allows for the ultimate in style, glamour, and glitz when it comes to outfits-make sure that the bridal party is hot to trot with short dresses, sequins, and statement jewelry, whilst guests can dress to the nines in suits, cocktail dresses or even Elvis costumes!
- Hire a professional Elvis tribute act for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional Vegas-style favors such as playing cards or casino chips
- Hold a slot machine competition for guests to enjoy.
See more: Planning An Elopement In Vegas
Colours: Soft pastels, cream, gold
For a truly romantic wedding theme, why not opt for a Paris-inspired day?
Decorate the venue with soft pastels, creams, and golds; think of lots of roses, vintage photo frames, and plenty of twinkly lights for a truly romantic feel.
When it comes to outfits, make sure that the bridal party is dressed to the nines with chic suits and beautiful dresses, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits-think berets and striped tops for a truly Parisian vibe, or flowy gowns if you are opting for more of a vintage look.
- Hire a live French accordion player or jazz band for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional French favors such as macaroons, or cute Eiffel Tower key rings
Themes To Travel Back In Time
Colors: Soft pinks, blues, light yellows
For something a little different that piles on the romance, opt for a vintage-inspired day.
Decorate the venue with soft pinks, blues, and yellows; think lots of lace, bunting, and plenty of twinkly lights for a truly nostalgic feel.
When it comes to outfits, make sure that the bridal party is dressed to impress with vintage-style dresses and suits, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits – think tea-length dresses, cute fascinators, and plenty of pearls.
- Hire a traditional, vintage band for folk music
- Offer traditional vintage favors such as vinyl records or old postcards
- Have retro games available to play
Colors: Deep purples, blues, golds, blacks, sequins
For a truly glamorous wedding day, a 1920s theme is the ultimate choice.
Decorate the venue with deep purples, blues, and golds; make the most of feathers, top hats, and plenty of pearls to really bring the decade to life.
Decorate the wedding party with plenty of 1920s-style dresses and suits, and encourage a dress code that is packed with sequins, shine, and tassels – this is the era of the flappers, and there is plenty to celebrate; make sure you have plenty of traditional champagne glasses on hand, and keep the fizz flowing all night!
- Hire a jazz band
- Offer traditional 1920s favors such as flapper headbands or pocket watches
- Hold a Charleston dance competition for guests to enjoy.
Colours: Soft pinks, blues, and yellows
For a truly nostalgic wedding theme, why not opt for a 50s-inspired day?
Make sure that your day is packed to the brim with polka dots, jukeboxes, and plenty of twinkly lights to really bring the decade to life.
When it comes to outfits, make sure that the bridal party is looking its best with 50s-style dresses and suits, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits – think poodle skirts and leather jackets for a truly authentic feel.
- Hire a live rockabilly band for an authentic feel
- Use cute milkshake glasses or records as favors
- Create fun photo ops with props like jukeboxes and record players to capture the moment.
Colours: Bright oranges, yellows, bright greens
For a truly groovy wedding theme, opt for a 70s-inspired day packed to the brim with bright oranges, yellows, and greens; this is a chance for psychedelic patterns, bright beads, and plenty of glitters to really bring the decade to life.
Bring the theme to life with 70s-style dresses and suits for the bridal party, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits – think floral prints, bell bottoms, and plenty of suede!
- Hire a live band to play classic 70s tunes
- Offer traditional 70s favors such as retro candy or peace sign necklaces.
- Hold a Disco dance competition
Colours: Neon pinks, blues, vibrant greens
Head back to the good old days by bringing a touch of the 80s to your nuptials, and decorate the venue with neon pinks, blues, and greens; pack your venue with plenty of Rubik’s cubes, cassette tapes and plenty of holographic balloons to really bring the decade to life.
Help the bridal party shine as the embodiment of the era with 80s-style dresses and suits, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits – think neon colors, ripped jeans, and plenty of shoulder pads!
- Use Walkman’s or jelly bracelets as centerpieces
- Hold an 80s-themed karaoke competition for guests to enjoy
- Offer traditional 80s favors such as cassette tapes or Rubik’s cubes.
Colours: Creams, ivories and muted golds
Create a truly sophisticated atmosphere with a Victorian-inspired wedding theme; make sure your venue is packed to the brim with cream, ivory, and muted golds, plus lots of classic furniture, ornate decorations, and plenty of roses.
When it comes to outfits, the bridal party can go all out with Victorian-style dresses and suits, whilst guests dress in their best with stunning Victorian-style dresses and top hats – just make sure you don’t show a flash of ankle!
- Hire a classical string quartet for a truly authentic feel
- Decorate the venue with ornate candelabras, chandeliers, and furniture
- Use vintage trunks or pocket watches as favors.
Colours: Soft pastels, muted blues, and pinks
Try a unique, romantic wedding theme inspired by the grandeur of the Edwardian era, and indulge in the ultimate in luxury and old-school sophistication.
Make sure your venue is packed to the brim with soft pastels, muted blues, and pinks; think lots of lace, pearls, and plenty of flowers to bring the theme to life.
Make the most of the theme when it comes to the outfits worn by the wedding party; this is a time for lace, elegance, floor-length gowns, and plenty of beading – just make sure you don’t forget your gloves!
- Hire a harpist or classical string quartet for a truly authentic feel
- Offer guests traditional Edwardian favors such as pearl necklaces or lace handkerchiefs to ensure that they have all they need for a traditional high tea
- Hold a vintage-style tea party for guests to enjoy.
Colours: Dark browns, rich reds, and dark greens
If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding theme, why not opt for a Medieval-inspired day?
Decorate the venue with dark browns, reds, and greens; think lots of medieval flags, wooden barrels, and plenty of candles to really bring the theme to life.
Help the bridal party shine as they embody the era with medieval-style dresses and suits, whilst guests can get creative with their outfits – think velvet cloaks, tiaras, and lots of feathers!
- Hire a live medieval band or jester for extra entertainment
- Offer traditional Medieval favors such as goblets or pewter coins
- Hold a Medieval-style tournament or archery competition for guests to enjoy.
Colours: Rich purples, blues, and golds
Create a truly awe-inspiring atmosphere with a Renaissance-inspired wedding theme; make sure your venue is packed to the brim with rich purples, blues, and golds, plus lots of tapestries, candles, and plenty of roses.
As the bride, get ready to go all out with Renaissance-style dresses and suits, whilst guests dress in their best with stunning Renaissance-style gowns; or opt for a magnificent masked ball to really bring that Renaissance feeling to life, and enjoy the mystique and drama that comes with such an occasion.
- Hire a classical string quartet for a truly authentic feel
- Decorate the venue with ornate candelabras, chandeliers, and furniture
- Use vintage Venetian masks as favors and decorations
Outdoor Wedding Themes
Colours: Bright blues, golden yellows, and whites
Say ‘I do’ with a beach-inspired wedding theme; make sure your venue is packed to the brim with bright blues, yellows, and whites, plus lots of sand and seashells to really bring the theme to life.
As for outfits, you can create the perfect vibe with beach-style dresses and suits – think airy maxi dresses, wide-brimmed hats, and plenty of sunscreen!
And don’t forget the guests; suggest that they dig out their favorite beachwear for a truly fun-filled day.
- Hire a steel drum band or live reggae band for extra entertainment that fits the beach theme
- Add lots of flowers and foliage – think palms, ferns, orchids, and plenty of seashells
- Hold a beach-style barbecue for guests to enjoy.
See more: Plus Size Beach Wedding Dresses
Colours: Burnt orange, pale yellow and earthy tones
Bring your desert-inspired wedding theme to life with an incredible array of oranges, yellows and earthy tones; think plenty of cacti, succulents, and ochre hues to really bring your venue to life.
When it comes to the outfits worn by the bridal party, you can create a truly stunning look with desert-style dresses and suits – think lace, embroidery, and plenty of texture.
Guests can get creative, too; suggest that they dress in their best desert-style for a truly memorable day.
- Enjoy live music by hiring a Mariachi band
- Incorporate lots of rustic decorations – think terracotta pots, distressed wooden furniture, and plenty of furs for added texture
- Offer guests traditional desert favors such as woven fans or cactus-shaped candles.
Colours: Bright pinks, greens and blues
Create a truly tropical atmosphere on your special day with an array of bright pinks, greens and blues – think plenty of vibrant foliage, tiki torches and lots of luscious flowers.
Encourage the bridal party to don their brightest tropical-style, and make the most of loud, vibrant patterns and floral prints, long dresses and Hawaiian shirts – all of which are perfect for that island vibe!
When it comes to entertainment, why not try booking a live band or DJ and let them take your wedding party on a journey to the Islands.
Plus, add plenty of tropically-themed refreshments for guests to enjoy.
- Hire a paella chef to cook up a delicious feast for your guests
- Decorate with palm trees, corrugated iron roofs, and brightly-colored umbrellas
- Use fresh fruits, such as pineapples and coconuts, as decorations.
See more: Tropical Wedding Theme Ideas
Colours: Navy blues, light browns, pale oranges
Bring a bit of the countryside to your wedding with a country-inspired theme; decorate your venue with plenty of rustic furniture, hay bales, and wildflowers for a truly authentic feel.
When it comes to outfits, the bridal party can dress in their best with navy blues, light browns, and pale oranges; whilst guests can create a truly stunning look with country-style dresses and suits – think floral prints and plenty of tweed fabric to really bring the theme to life.
- Hire a live bluegrass band to get guests up and dancing
- Incorporate lots of vintage elements – think old-fashioned lanterns, rustic signs, and hay bales
- Dress the tables with plenty of wildflowers for a romantic look.
Colours: Soft pinks, primrose yellows, light browns, whites
Create a truly rustic feel with a barn-inspired wedding theme; hold your nuptials in a barn for a truly authentic feel, or transform your venue into an old-fashioned farm setting with plenty of floral prints and burlap accents.
Get ready in an outfit fit for a barn dance with soft pinks, primrose yellows, light browns, and whites – create a truly stunning look with plenty of lace and floral designs, and don’t be afraid to really dive into the barn wedding vibe with cowboy boots and hats!
- Decorate with plenty of fairy lights, mason jars, and vintage furniture
- Serve up a delicious barbecue or pig roast for your guests to enjoy
- Incorporate plenty of hay bales for a truly rustic feel – these can be used for seating, and to divide spaces.
Colours: Bright reds, navy blues, deep brown, sandy orange
Bring a bit of the Wild West to your wedding with a western-style theme, and go to town with cowboy hats and boots, and a truly wild look that is right at home in the great outdoors.
The bridal party can take full advantage of plenty of denim, leather and of course, a good pair of cowboy boots to really bring the theme to life, and the guests can also enjoy a western-themed dress code!
Keep guests entertained with an array of games, a live band or DJ, and don’t forget to add plenty of refreshments for everyone to enjoy.
- Hire a mechanical bull for guests to have a go on!
- Introduce some classic western games such as horseshoes for an authentic touch
- Serve up delicious cowboy-style food – think plenty of BBQ and hearty dishes.
Colours: Dark greens, beiges, browns
Bring a little bit of the great outdoors to your wedding with a camouflage-inspired theme; decorate your venue with plenty of artificial trees and foliage, and don’t forget to include plenty of army-style props.
The bridal party can dress in their best with dark greens, beiges and browns , and your invitations – covert and top secret of course – can encourage guests to don their best camo-style for a truly unique look; or why not go the extra mile and provide each guest with a military-inspired outfit.
Add the camo theme to every detail of your big day; from cute camo cupcakes to a hideout photo-op, and don’t forget to provide plenty of refreshments for everyone to enjoy.
- Introduce plenty of props such as tents and military-style equipment
- Create a scavenger hunt to get everyone in reconnaissance mode
- Create a fun photo-booth with plenty of camo props.
Timeless Wedding Styles
See more: The 10 Most Popular Wedding Themes
Colours: Earthy tones, muted pinks, pastel blues
Bring a bit of the boho-chic to your wedding with a bohemian-style theme; dress the bridal party in a range of earthy tones and muted pinks or pastel blues, and make the most of loose, flowy fabrics, plenty of lace, and lots of layers for a truly romantic look.
Decorate your venue with plenty of dreamcatchers and macramé for a truly authentic feel, and don’t forget to include plenty of comfy seating for guests to relax on.
Add a real bohemian-style twist with delicious Middle Eastern cuisine, and provide plenty of gypsy-inspired music for your guests to dance the night away.
- Incorporate plenty of outdoor elements such as fringed umbrellas and string lights
- Use New Age tunes to create a boho vibe
- Serve a Middle Eastern-style buffet for an authentic twist.
Colours: Pastel blues, whites, light browns
Go for a truly timeless look with a rustic-style wedding theme; keep things simple and classic with plenty of wooden decor and vintage furniture to create the perfect backdrop.
The bridal party can show off their style in stunning pastel blues, whites, and light browns for a truly romantic look; while guests can opt for a more relaxed attire, or dress in their best for a timeless look.
Add plenty of flowers and foliage to the venue for a truly rustic feel, and don’t forget to include plenty of refreshments for your guests to enjoy; you could even incorporate hay bales into your seating plan!
- Incorporate plenty of natural elements into the decor, such as wooden furniture and hay bales
- Choose a rustic venue such as a barn or outdoor space
- Create a delicious menu featuring plenty of locally-sourced produce.
Colours: Blush pinks, ivory whites, nudes
Bring a romantic atmosphere to life and enjoy a classic, beautiful wedding by decorating your venue with plenty of candles and flowers for an extra romantic touch, and using lots of delicate lace, tiny beads, elegant candles, and delicate flowers to create a romantic vibe.
When it comes to outfits, dress the bridal party in blush pinks and whites for a truly timeless look, and make sure to include plenty of luxurious fabrics such as tulle and lace.
- Incorporate plenty of classic elements such as vintage furniture and pastel-hued linens
- Have a signature cocktail to toast the happy couple, made from traditional ingredients and in a classic style
- Choose a romantic venue such as a castle or manor house.
Colours: Sparkly golds, cool silvers, blacks
Add a touch of sparkle and glamour to your wedding day with an elegant glamorous theme; think luxurious fabrics such as velvet and silk, dazzling sequins, and plenty of sparkly accessories for an evening that you and your guests will remember for all the right reasons!
This is a chance for the bridal party to embrace shades of gold, silver, and black for a truly opulent look; while guests can don their finest outfits and add a few sparkly touches.
Decorate your venue with plenty of candles and fairy lights to create a truly magical atmosphere; while luxurious centerpieces can add an extra touch of glamour.
- Make the most of glam furs, feathers, and sequins to add a touch of sparkle
- Choose luxurious fabrics such as silk and velvet for the bridesmaids’ dresses
- Incorporate plenty of fairy lights, candles and mirrors into the decor for a truly glam vibe
Colours: Bold neon, metallics, pastel pinks
Create a modern and edgy atmosphere at your wedding with plenty of bold colours and fun designs.
Incorporate neon signs, bright décor and metallic touches for an extra contemporary feel; you could even have an LED dancefloor!
Use bright, neon colors for the outfits and color palette of the big day, and inject plenty of fun and unexpected elements into your decorations; think edgy wall art, modern furniture and creative lighting for something unique and memorable.
- Incorporate bold neon signage and lighting for an extra contemporary touch
- Include plenty of metallic touches in the décor such as gold cutlery and silver vases
- Choose a quirky, modern venue such as an art gallery or museum for a truly unique experience.
Colours: Navy blues, crisp whites, pastel pinks
Create a preppy wedding that oozes elegance and sophistication with plenty of navy blues, crisp whites and pastel pinks.
Incorporate classic elements such as bowties and pearls for an extra touch of class; while bowler hats and pinstripes can add a fun twist to your décor.
The bridal party should dress in navy blues and whites for a truly timeless look; while the groom and groomsmen can don bowties and blazers to complete their preppy look.
For decorations, include plenty of natural greenery such as ivy and greenery garlands, plus plenty of crisp white linens to bring out the classic, preppy feel.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding a few quirky touches such as top hats or vintage teapots.
- Incorporate plenty of natural greenery into the décor for an extra preppy feel
- Choose navy blues and whites for the bridal party outfits
- Accessorise with pearl earrings, necklaces and bracelets to bring out the classic style.
Colours: Earthy greens, natural neutrals
Go green for your big day with an eco-friendly theme; choose sustainable and locally sourced materials such as wood and burlap to create decorations that are kind to the environment.
Incorporate plenty of earthy greens and natural neutrals into your décor, plus a few bright touches such as wildflowers or patterned fabrics to really bring out the details.
Opt for natural fabrics for outfits, making the most of linen and cotton; and encourgae guests to emulat ethis with their own choice of eco-friendly materials too, perhaps in shades of green.
For an extra special touch, choose ethical and sustainable favours that your guests will love. From organic chocolates to wildflower seed packets, there are plenty of eco-friendly options available.
- Choose sustainable and locally sourced materials for decorations and favours
- Encourage guests to dress in eco-friendly fabrics such as linen and cotton
- Include plenty of natural greenery into the décor, such as potted plants or tree branches.
Festive Wedding Themes
Colours: Rose red, blush pink and white
What could be more romantic than a Valentine’s Day wedding?
Incorporate hearts into your decorations for an extra special touch; from heart-shaped balloons to paper garlands, you can be as creative as you like!
Have fun with the table centrepieces by adding floating candles and roses for a truly romantic look.
The bridal party should dress in shades of red and pink to really bring out the Valentine’s Day theme; while the groom and groomsmen can don rose-coloured ties and pocket squares.
For a truly unique experience, choose a venue with plenty of red décor such as velvet curtains or plush armchairs.
- Add hearts into the décor for a truly romantic experience
- Choose red and pink outfits for the bridal party
- Include floating candles and roses in your centrepiecesfor a romantic feel
Colours: Deep red, forest green, white
If you are a fan of the festive season, then bring the spirit of Christmas to your big day with plenty of red, green and white decorations.
Incorporate festive elements such as holly and mistletoe into the décor; while adding a few seasonal touches such as baubles and lights will really bring out the Christmas theme.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding evergreen trees or fake snow for a truly magical effect.
The bridal party should dress in deep reds and greens for a truly festive feel; while the groom and groomsmen can don tartan ties and pocket squares to really bring out the Christmas theme.
For extra fun, include plenty of seasonal activities such as carolling or an elf scavenger hunt!
- Bring the spirit of Christmas with holly, mistletoe and baubles into the décor
- Choose deep reds and greens for the bridal party outfits
- Include plenty of festive activities to keep your guests entertained.
Colours: Bright pinks, blues and yellows
Bring the fun of the carnival to your big day with plenty of bright pinks, blues and yellows.
Incorporate elements such as giant balloons and flashing lights into the décor; while adding a few carnival-themed touches such as popcorn stands or vintage games will really bring out the theme.
Have fun with your centre pieces by adding carnival masks or brightly coloured ribbons for a truly colourful effect.
Bring the carnival vibe to life with circus-inspired outfits, and why not include plenty of circus activities such as face painting or trapeze artists to fill your guests with awe?
- Add bright pinks, blues and yellows for a truly carnival atmosphere
- Choose circus-inspired outfits for the bridal party
- Include plenty of carnival activities such as face painting or vintage games.
Colours: Black, gold and silver
Bring mystery and elegance to your big day with a masquerade themed celebration.
Incorporate masks into the décor for an extra special touch; while adding a few touches such as feathers or glittering stars will give it a truly magical feel, and add candles and mysterious antiques to your centerpieces for an intriguing effect.
The bridal party should dress in black and gold for a truly elegant look; while the groom and groomsmen can don masks with feathers or glittering stars.
For an extra touch of mystery, why not include a masquerade ball during your reception?
- Incorporate masks into the décor for a mysterious feel
- Choose black and gold outfits for the bridal party
- Hold a masquerade ball at the reception for an extra touch of mystery.
Colours: Soft pastel pinks, blues and yellows
Enjoy the traditional elegance of an afternoon tea to your big day with plenty of soft pastels.
Incorporate elements such as tea cups and teapots into the décor; while adding a few touches such as small sandwiches or scones will give it a truly elegant feel.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding flowers in pastel shades for a truly romantic effect.
The bridal party should dress in pastel pinks, blues and yellows for a truly tea-time feel; while the groom and groomsmen can don bow ties and pocket squares to complete the look.
For a fun touch, why not include an afternoon tea during your reception?
- Include traditional elements such as tea cups and teapots into the décor
- Choose pastel pinks, blues and yellows for the bridal party outfits
- Host an afternoon tea during your reception for a truly tea-time feel.
Nature Wedding Themes
Colors: Pale pink, white, apricot
Capture the beauty of nature with a cherry blossom-themed wedding.
Incorporate elements such as soft pink petals and delicate white blossoms into your décor; while adding a few touches such as birdcages or paper lanterns will give it a perfect wedding vibe.
The bridal party should dress in soft pink and white for a truly ethereal look; while the groom and groomsmen can don floral ties to complete the look.
For an extra touch of romance, why not have a canopy of cherry blossoms over your ceremony?
- Cover the venue with pale cherry blossom
- Have a canopy of cherry blossoms over your ceremony for an extra touch of romance.
- Find a grove of cherry blossom trees, and try to hold your ceremony there.
Colors: Deep rose red, pale yellow, ivory white
Weddings are all about love, so why not bring the romance to your big day with a stunning rose theme?
Incorporate elements such as roses and soft petals into the décor; while adding a few touches such as rose garlands or bud vases will give it a truly romantic feel, and have fun with your centrepieces by adding flowers in shades of pink for a truly magical effect.
Use a wide range of pinks and reds for a truly romantic look; and have the groom and groomsmen don rose boutonnieres.
For an extra touch of elegance, create a rose petal aisle for your ceremony, and sprinkle petals throughout the venue
- Include elements such as roses and petals into the décor
- Name a rose after your spouse as part of your wedding celebrations
- Use rose scents and perfumes as part of your outfits
Colors: Bright yellow, white, gold
Bring a ray of sunshine to your big day with plenty of bright yellows and sunny whites.
Incorporate elements such as sunflowers and golden accents into the décor; while adding a few touches such as hay bales or mason jars will give it a truly rustic feel.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding flowers in shades of yellow for a truly magical effect.
Use bright colors across the dresses of the brides and bridesmaids with golden yellows, and add a small sunflower buttonhole to the men to complete the look.
- Include sunflowers and golden accents into the décor
- Choose bright yellows and whites for the bridal party outfits
- Use real sunflowers throughout your decorations
Colors: Bright purples, blues, pastel pinks
Are you a huge fan of nature and the great outdoors? Then why not add this to your wedding with a stunning wildflower theme.
Add bunches of wildflowers to your décor; while adding a few touches such as wood slices or mason jars will give it a rustic vibe.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding flowers in bright purples and blues for a truly magical effect.
The bridal party should dress in pastel pinks and purples for a truly wildflower feel, and use wildflowers as the groom and groomsmen boutonnieres to complete the look.
For an extra touch of romance, why not have a wildflower aisle for your ceremony?
- Include bunches of wildflowers into the décor
- This theme works perfectly for spring weddings
- Opt for an outdoor ceremony in a forest or meadow
Colors: Soft lavender, bright white, silver
It doesn’t get much more romantic than a stunning lavender-themed wedding.
This is a stunning color and a gorgeous scented herb, making it the perfect choice for the most day of your life.
Weave bunches of lavender through every element of the venue, from the buttonholes to the centerpieces, and use touches such as candles or paper lanterns will give it a truly romantic feel.
Opt for soft, chiffon-based fabrics for your brides and bridesmaids, and use sprigs of levender to create a heavenly scent that will linger in the air.
- Use lavender perfumes, oils and candles to add lavender to every detail of your day
- Try lavender flavors in foods, such as cupcakes and macaroons
- Hire a lavender field for your cereminy or reception venue
Colors: Soft greens, browns, whites
The great outdoors has plenty to celebrate, and is a wonderful symbol for new life, making it a great choice for your wedding day.
Bring elements such as logs, moss and pine cones into the decoration and aesthetic of your venue, while adding a few touches such as antlers and lanterns will give it a truly rustic feel.
Have fun with your centrepieces by adding flowers in shades of green for a magical effect.
Choose natural-looking fabrics for the bridal party, and opt for gentle lace, sage greens, and soft pinks.
Have fun with the groom and groomsmen’s attire by choosing a tweed suit for a woodland feel, and add touches of woodland to the rest of the wedding party with a hair accessory of twigs, or buttonhole of wildflowers.
- Opt for an outdoor ceremony in a forest or meadow
- Include the woodland elements such as logs, moss and pine cones into the décor
- Use wildflowers throughout your decorations to bring the outside in
Colors: Soft browns, creams, whites
Create a relaxed and organic vibe for your wedding day with a relaxed earthy theme.
Select natural fabrics such as linen and cotton for the bridal party, and use muted colors such as soft browns, creams and whites.
Use touches of wood and greenery to bring the outdoors in, and add a few touches such as terracotta pots filled with herbs to add to the natural feel.
Have fun with your centerpieces by adding wildflowers or succulents for a truly earthy feel, and make sure you include some potted plants or trees around the venue for a truly stunning effect.
- Choose natural fabrics like linen and cotton for the bridal party
- Add touches of wood and greenery to bring the outdoors in
- Include potted plants or trees around the venue for a stunning effect
Animal Wedding Themes
Colors: Deep blues, purples, greens
If you’re looking to add a touch of the exotic to your big day, why not opt for a peacock theme?
Peacocks are known for their vibrant colors and stunning feathers and are a great choice for an animal themed wedding.
Use deep blues and purples as your hues for the bridal party’s fabric choices and centerpieces, and add touches of green to complete the look.
Have fun with your decorations by including feathers and peacock-inspired pieces throughout, and make sure you include their signature colors for a truly stunning effect.
- Include peacock feathers in the decor for an exotic feel
- Use feathers to create stunning, elaborate hairstyles
Colors: Soft blues, purples, pinks
There’s something truly magical and romantic about butterflies, making them the perfect choice for a wedding day.
Use soft shades of blue, purple and pink as your colors of choice for the bridal party’s fabrics, and add touches of flowers or butterflies to complete the look.
Use butterfly motifs throughout your decorations such as on place cards and center pieces for a celebration of these beautiful creatures.
Finally, make sure to include butterfly-inspired hairstyles for the bridal party and make sure you pick out some stunning butterfly jewelry for the bride.
- Include butterfly motifs throughout your decorations such as on place cards and centerpieces for a truly magical effect.
- Choose jewelry with butterfly motifs for the bride to really bring the theme together.
- Have fun with hairstyles by creating looks inspired by butterflies, from buns adorned with delicate wings to half-up styles of cascading curls.
Colors: Rich greens, khaki browns, tans
Take your guests on a wild journey with a safari wedding theme.
Choose natural fabrics such as linen and cotton for the bridal party, and use colors such as greens, browns and tans to bring the outdoors in.
Have fun with your decorations by including animal prints throughout such as leopard print tablecloths or zebra print chair covers.
- Include potted plants and trees around the venue to create a wild feel.
- Use natural fabrics such as linen and cotton for the bridal party.
Colors: Soft blues, pinks, whites
If you’re a pet lover, why not get your furry friends involved in your wedding day with a cats and dogs theme?
Choose soft shades of blue and pink for the bridal party’s fabrics and decorations, and add touches of white for a truly romantic feel.
Incorporate cats and dogs into your centerpieces or place cards for an extra special touch, and make sure you include a few treats for your furry friends – this is, of course, a pet-friendly wedding!
- Include cats and dogs in your centerpieces or place cards for an extra special touch.
- Make sure to have plenty of treats on hand for the cats and dogs at the wedding.
Colorful Wedding Themes
Colors: All the colors of the rainbow
If you’re looking to make a statement, why not go for a colorful rainbow theme?
Choose vibrant hues from all across the spectrum for the bridal party’s fabrics, and have fun with decorations by incorporating rainbows throughout.
Use colorful ribbons for pew ends or centerpieces to add an extra touch of vibrancy.
- Incorporate rainbow ribbons into bouquets and other decorations for a fun and creative look.
- Create a photo booth with a colorful rainbow backdrop for your guests to take pictures in.
- Be sure to have plenty of colorful treats on hand such as cupcakes, cookies, and candy.
Colors: Soft pink to deep red
An ombre theme can be a great way to incorporate a number of colors into your wedding day.
Choose a color palette such as soft pink to deep red, and use ombre in your bridal party’s fabrics, decorations, and even desserts.
Have fun with the look by incorporating ombre into the hairstyles of the bridal party and flower arrangements.
- Incorporate ombre into the hairstyles of the bridal party for a truly eye-catching look.
- Use ombre in your flower arrangements for a unique touch.
- Serve colorful ombre desserts such as cakes, cupcakes, and macarons.
Colors: Soft pinks, blues, greens, and yellows
Create a dreamy atmosphere with a pastel wedding theme.
Choose soft shades from across the spectrum such as pink, blue, green, and yellow for the bridal party’s fabrics and decorations, and make sure you include plenty of details throughout such as pastel place cards or table runners.
This is a great theme for a summer wedding, as the colors will help to create a light and airy atmosphere.
- Choose soft fabrics such as chiffon or tulle for the bridal party’s dresses.
- Incorporate pastel details into your decorations, such as place cards or table runners.
- Serve light snacks such as macarons or meringues in different shades of pink, blue, green, and yellow for a truly magical feel.
From Sea To Sky
Colors: Navy, white, red, and yellow
Ahoy there! Take your guests on a nautical journey with a nautical wedding theme.
Choose navy, white, red, and yellow for the bridal party’s fabrics, and incorporate anchors and ships into your decorations.
Serve seafood-inspired dishes such as fish tacos or crab cakes to get the guests in the spirit of things.
- Create a photo booth with a nautical backdrop for your guests to take pictures in.
- Arrange a beach wedding and incorporate starfish and shells into your decorations.
- Include nautical-inspired details such as anchors, ships, or lighthouse silhouettes in your centerpieces and place cards.
Colors: Soft blues, pinks, and purples
If you’re looking to create an underwater wonderland, why not opt for an under-the-sea theme?
Choose soft shades of blue, pink, and purple for the bridal party’s fabrics and decorations, and incorporate coral-inspired details.
Enjoy an under-the-sea menu of seafood and sushi, and have fun with the decorations by using seashells and starfish.
- Incorporate coral-inspired details into your decorations for a truly underwater feel.
- Hold your reception in an aquarium for an underwater vibe
- Serve seafood-inspired dishes such as fish tacos or crab cakes
Colors: Deep purples, dark blues, metallic silver, deep pinks
Take your guests on an out-of-this-world journey with a galaxy-inspired wedding theme.
Choose deep shades of purple, blue, and pink for the bridal party’s fabrics and decorations, and incorporate star-shaped details throughout.
Use a photo booth with a galactic backdrop to really get the guests in the spirit of things.
- Consider holding your event in a space-themed spot, such as a space center or exhibition area.
- Serve space-themed desserts such as galaxy cupcakes or moon pies.
- Use an array of silver o create that space-age, futuristic look and feel
Colors: Dark blues, whites, silvers, and golds
Create a magical starry night atmosphere for a wedding that is truly out of this world.
Use dark shades of blue and white for the bridal party’s fabrics and decorations, and incorporate stars into your centerpieces or place cards.
Hang twinkle lights in the trees or around the reception area to really get the guests in the spirit of things.
- Incorporate star-shaped decorations into your decor, such as star-shaped place cards or centerpieces.
- Hang twinkle lights in the trees or around the reception area to create a truly magical atmosphere.
- Add stars and sparkles to the dresses of the bride and bridesmaids for an intergalactic theme
Creating the ultimate wedding theme can be a daunting task, but with the right inspiration and ideas, you can create a truly magical atmosphere for your special day.
Incorporating colors, decorations, and details from one of these unique themes will make your event memorable and truly out of this world.
- Full Breakdown: How Much Does Your Dream Disney Wedding Really Cost? - April 13, 2023
- Magical Beginnings: 11 Steps for Planning Your Dream Disney Wedding - April 8, 2023
- 40 Unique Gifts For Daughter On Her Wedding Day - March 25, 2023