A bridal shower is a key time for all the girlfriends to come together in anticipation of the bride’s big day.
And one of the key features of a bridal shower, aside from the food and drinks, is the passing on of relationship tips and advice.
At a bridal shower, it is traditional for the friends and family members of the bride-to-be to write on special bridal shower advice cards, to pass on vital pearls of wisdom to their dear one to help them in their marriage.
And you should not leave deciding what to write until the last minute, because if you do, you run the risk of writing something on a whim that may be viewed as offensive or inappropriate if read to everyone out loud.
And to that end, we’ve put this article together to provide some advice and guidelines for writing bridal shower advice cards that will be sure to go down well, bringing happy smiles and not embarrassing or awkward ones.
Please feel free to scroll ahead to any section that jumps out at you. Here goes!
Where To Get Bridal Shower Advice Cards
The good news is that you don’t have to write an entire letter to the bride from scratch.
You can simply purchase a set of bridal shower advice cards to hand out at the event that feature handy prompts to get guests thinking about what to write.
And the even better news is that there are plenty of really nice bridal shower advice cards out there that are readily available and easy to get hold of.
The trouble is that there are so many nice ones around that it can be hard to decide which ones to get.
What To Write In Bridal Shower Advice Cards
And now for the important bit, what to actually write in them. This part of the article is divided into separate sections, depending on whom the advice is for.
You can treat these ideas as a handy pick-and-mix and add or exclude as many of these as you like.
Advice For The Bride
- Always make your feelings known, don’t be afraid to say you’re upset
- Respect your partner’s commitments – don’t be greedy with their time, they are right to have other commitments outside the family home
- Find things to compliment about your partner, and compliment them frequently, but ensure they are genuine meaningful rather than false or superficial
Advice For The Groom
- Honesty is the best policy – be up front about everything that’s going on.
- Always answer the phone when your partner calls you
- Always make time for your partner and enjoy each other’s company
- Pitch in with the housework and your spouse will be grateful
Advice For The Couple
- Communication is key
- Never go to bed on an argument, always try to make up first
- Have a date night at least once every month
- Your marriage is always worth fighting for
- Always ask your partner about their day, and take the time to listen
- Surround yourselves with people who support your marriage
- Treat your house guests like family
- Having children can be challenging, but every sleepless night is worth it
- Doing everything 50/50 isn’t always what’s best
- When your partner has had a bad day, be their ear and show that you’re on their side
Ideas For Open-Ended Sentences On Bridal Shower Advice Cards
If you decide to go for bridal shower advice cards that feature open-ended sentences for you to complete, here are some ideas on what you can say:
Always Remember To
- Plan and book your date nights
- Check in on each other by text while apart
- Enjoy your meals together as a couple
- Keep the romance alive
- Surprise each other with small gifts
- Share out the chores and errands
- Forget to reply to a text
- Forget your partner’s birthday
- Get too critical of your partner
- Leave without a goodbye kiss
- Avoid important talks
Sometimes You Have To
- Try something new
- Sleep on those big decisions
- Have time away from each other
- Come out of your comfort zone
- Be a team
Don’t Forget To
- Truly be there for your partner
- Be grateful for your partner
- Enjoy the journey
- Make your marriage a priority
I truly hope that the words of wisdom expressed here really speak to what it is that you want to say, whether it’s the bride, the groom, or the couple as a whole.
The truth is that at times, marriage is work, but with the right attitude, you can push through any issues or difficulties as they arise.
But don’t stress too much about finding the perfect words, because it’s really the thought that counts, and your intentions and hopes for the couple will be clear.
- Full Breakdown: How Much Does Your Dream Disney Wedding Really Cost? - April 13, 2023
- Magical Beginnings: 11 Steps for Planning Your Dream Disney Wedding - April 8, 2023
- 40 Unique Gifts For Daughter On Her Wedding Day - March 25, 2023