Wedding congratulatory cards are a lovely gesture to send well wishes and show support to the new couple. If you feel stuck with what to write on a wedding card, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
What you write on a wedding card depends entirely on your relationship with the couple. A colleague’s wedding wishes will differ from wedding wishes for a close family member or a best friend.
If you’re stumped about what thoughtful messages to write on a wedding card, you’ve come to the right place. I’ll show you different thoughtful and unique messages to wish a newly wedded couple.
Formal Wedding Wishes
Formal wedding wishes are your best bet if you don’t know what to say or are unsure about the kind of relationship you have with the couple. Here are a few wishes you can use:
- Wishing you all the best in this new chapter of your life.
- Thank you for the honor of celebrating this special day with you.
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may the love and joy you bring each other stay forever.
- Cheers to a lifetime of peace, love, and joy.
- Love is a beautiful thing. I wish you the best as you join hands in marriage.
- Wishing you the very best at the start of your new lives together.
- May the years ahead of you be filled with nothing but love, laughter, and joy.
- In each other, you’ve found a friend, a companion, a lover, and a champion. Congratulations on the start of a new life together.
- May the joy you experience today last a lifetime.
- I’m happy to support you on one of the best days of your life. All the best.
Casual Wedding Wishes
Here are a few casual wedding wishes you can use.
- You’ll make a stunning bride. Congratulations.
- Cheers to a long and happy marriage.
- Congratulations on your nuptials.
- Wishing you love, today and forever.
- Cheers to your new marriage.
- I’m happy to see the two of you happy. Congratulations.
- Wishing you a fun-filled future together!
- You look gorgeous together. Congratulations.
- May your marriage be blessed. All the best.
- Wishing you the best of luck on your new journey.
Funny Wedding Wishes
Weddings can often be full of drama, sadness, and everything in between. You already know the parents may give somber tear-jerking wedding wishes. You, however, have the opportunity to have some fun and make the couple laugh to overcome the bittersweet moment. Here are a few funny wishes to write on a wedding card.
- If all else fails, remember that your wife is always right! All the best!
- Marriage is a union between one person who knows where the dirty laundry basket is, and another who thinks the floor serves the same purpose. Congratulations on your nuptials.
- Congratulations! When you feel like strangling your spouse, please remember you chose each other!
- Lucky you! You now have one person you get to annoy for the rest of your life!
- As your friends, we’re grateful to get rid of you. You’re someone else’s problem now! May you have a happy marriage.
- To the groom, you only get one chance to forget your wedding anniversary. After that, prepare for war. Wishing you all the best in your new journey.
- Why did swiping right on Tinder work for you and not for me? I’m happy for you, and all the best as you start your married life together.
- Just because you now have a ring doesn’t mean you get to stop being my wingman. I still need you. Cheers to your new life!
- The day she laughed at all your corny jokes, I knew she was a keeper. Congratulations on your wedding.
- You must be truly insane or madly in love to get married. I like to believe it’s a bit of both. Have fun, you two!
Wedding Wishes for a Family Member
Below are a couple of wedding wishes for a family member, be it a cousin, nephew, niece, aunt or uncle.
- Congratulations to the couple with big hearts!
- We are all so excited to be celebrating this special day with you. Congratulations!
- May the years ahead of you be filled with warmth and everlasting joy. We’re so proud of you!
- We can’t always promise not to embarrass you on your wedding day, but we’ll try! We love you!
- Remember how aunt Jackie and uncle Fred are always bickering? That will be you in a few years to come. Just kidding! We hope for a lasting, loving, and fulfilling marriage for the both of you.
- We want to welcome you to the family. Thank you for loving Megan as much as you do. Congratulations on your nuptials.
- You managed to pull a fast one on us! Who’d have thought you’d be one of the first ones getting hitched? We’re so proud of the person you’ve become. Your spouse is one lucky person to have you. Congratulations, and we love you.
- As a family, we open our arms and hearts wide to love your spouse as much as we love you.
- Thankfully, it’s time to be someone else’s pain in the butt! We wish your spouse the best of luck, haha! We love you, though.
- You’ve always felt like a part of this family from the very beginning. We’re so much more grateful that it’s now permanent. Congratulations on your wedding, and welcome to the family officially.
Wedding Wishes for a Friend
- May your union bring as much happiness and joy to your life as your friendship has brought to mine. Best of luck!
- Out of all the memories we share, today is one of the best. Congratulations, and all the best.
- I love how happy David makes you. May this happiness last a lifetime. I love you.
- Even as you start a new chapter in your life, just know that you’ll forever have a friend in me. Best wishes.
- I promise not to cry ugly at your wedding, but I’m so thrilled for you. You’ve found your happily ever after, and it’s wonderful.
- I can’t believe you’re getting married! I’m going to drown my sorrows in a glass of wine (or two); it’s an open bar, right?
- Welcome to married life. I hope you remembered to kiss your freedom goodbye. Just kidding! Wishing you all the best.
- I can’t wait to go on double dates with you and your partner! Congratulations on this special day.
- You two make such an adorable couple. I’m truly happy that you bring out the best in each other. May your union last. Love you.
- May your marriage be filled with wisdom, strength, happiness, love, and respect. I wish you the very best, my dear friend.
Wedding Wishes for a Daughter
This is an emotional day for you. Your baby girl is getting married, and you’re now entrusting her well-being to her spouse. Watching her pick out her dress and the thought of walking her down the aisle is almost too much to bear. Here are some thoughtful ways to express your love and wishes on her wedding day.
- We’re so proud of the woman you’ve become. You’ll make such a gorgeous bride and an even better wife. We love you!
- I can’t believe how fast you’ve grown up. You’ll always be my baby girl. Love you.
- I’ve always felt that no one is deserving of you, my dear, but I’m so happy that you’ve found someone that loves you deeply.
- Our doors will forever remain open to you. We miss you already!
- Congratulations on your special day, my loving daughter. Your spouse is truly lucky to have you.
- I love you so much, my beautiful daughter. May your marriage be filled with love, laughter, respect, and commitment.
- I pray that the love I’ve witnessed between you two continues to grow stronger every day. Best wishes.
- We’ll always love and cherish you. We’re proud of you and the love you share with your partner. May you have a happy marriage.
- My eyes watered when I saw you in your wedding gown. You’re so radiant, my baby. I wish you nothing but the best in this new journey.
- Congratulations on finding the partner of your dreams. May marriage be everything you hoped for and more. Love you!
Wedding Wishes for a Son
You can congratulate yourself on a job well done. You’ve managed to raise a little boy into a responsible young man. And now you get to watch him exchange vows with the love of his life. If you’re so overwhelmed with emotions and do not quite know what to say, here are some wishes you can use for his wedding day card.
- Congratulations son! I’m so proud of this bold step you’re taking. Wishing you the very best.
- Dear son, marriage is a difficult but fulfilling road. Cherish every moment you spend together.
- Even as you become someone’s husband, you’ll still be my baby forever. I’m always here for you. Love you.
- Thank you for bringing Jane into our lives. She’s an amazing woman, and the two of you look beautiful together.
- Son, yours is a love worth fighting for. Hold onto it.
- May your love for each other grow day by day. Congratulations!
- You were just born the other day. How time flies! It’s not easy for me to let go, but my heart is full. You deserve all the happiness you and your partner give each other.
- Marriage is not always a bed of roses, but with respect and commitment, you can overcome anything. I love you.
- You make such a handsome groom. We love you, son!
- Congratulations, my dear boy. Wishing you a happy married life.
Wedding Wishes for a Brother
You probably have fond (and not so fond) memories of your brother, whether older or younger. Maybe he was the older brother who constantly scared away boyfriends. Or perhaps he was the younger brother always annoying you. Below are messages to write on your brother’s wedding card.
- Look at you all grown up! Wishing you nothing but the best on your wedding day and in your marriage.
- Even in marriage, I’ll always have your back. Love you, bro.
- You’re a king, and you’ve met your queen. I know the two of you will make each other happy. All the best.
- At least you get to be someone else’s headache for eternity. Still love you, bro!
- Wishing you nothing but the absolute best in this journey.
- Lucky you! You managed to find someone to love your crazy self.
- If I don’t meet the love of my love at your wedding, I’m not coming. Just kidding!
- Your story has been nothing short of inspirational. I love you both.
- Looking at Helen, I know you feel like the luckiest guy on earth. Love her hard bro. All the best.
- I’m so proud of the man you’ve become. I know you’ll make an amazing husband.
Wedding Wishes for a Sister
Watching your sister walk down the aisle is always a bittersweet moment. If she’s older, she was probably like a second mom to you. Always looking out for best interests even though it didn’t seem like it at the time.
If she’s younger, you’ll probably always remember her as the annoying little sister who followed you everywhere or who stole all your toys and nice clothes. Perhaps she was always getting into trouble, and you would take the blame. Here are some cute and funny wedding wishes to write on her card:
- To my darling sister, I’ll miss you bossing me around. I’m relieved that you get to do it to someone else for a change.
- Welcome to marriage, dear sister. As you embark on this new journey, please know that I am here for you and ready to support you in any way.
- I’m so happy that you found a man that loves and cherishes you. May you always be happy with each other.
- Dear Sara, now that you’re moving to your own home, I’m so happy to take your room. Love you always.
- I can’t believe you’re getting married! Thank you for being my friend, confidant, and support system. I’ll miss you. Your husband is so lucky to have you.
- Sis, you always followed me around when we were little. I’m going to miss you, my little shadow. All the best in your marriage.
- Congratulations sis! You deserve all the happiness in the world.
- Congratulations sis! Please invite me over soon. I can’t wait to spend time with you and my new brother-in-law.
- I know the journey it took for you to get here today. I wish you nothing but love and happiness in your marriage.
- I’m so happy to see you marrying a man who clearly adores you. Wishing you the best of luck.
Wedding Wishes for an LGTBQ Couple
Love and weddings are no longer reserved for cisgender men and women (men and women who identify with the biological gender assigned at birth); it is now more inclusive. Whether a person identifies as lesbian, gay, queer, bisexual, or trans, their love is worth celebrating.
Here are a few phrases you can use if you have an LGTBQ couple tying the knot and you are nervous about what to write.
- Great guys like you deserve each other. All the best!
- Congratulations on being each other’s knight in shining armor.
- I’m so happy for you! You’re going to be amazing spouses to each other.
- Cheers to growing old together!
- Harry, when you first introduced me to Greg, I knew he would make you happy. Cheers to a long life filled with love.
- Congratulations, Anna and Grace! You look so good together.
- I know the journey you took to get to where you are today. I wish you nothing but happiness.
- I’m so happy that even in our crazy world, you two still found each other.
- You’re such an inspiration. I know what it took for you to get where you are today. I’m so proud of you.
- We’re so happy our daughter found the perfect woman to love her as she is.
Wedding Wishes for a Coworker
Some colleagues become lifelong friends. Others are merely your lunch break companions. And some are your workplace rivals. Whichever the case may be, here are a few wishes you can write for them on their wedding cards.
- Congratulations! (Yes, it’s perfectly acceptable to simply write congratulations on its own).
- May the happiness and joy you experience today last you a lifetime. Congratulations.
- Congratulations on the start of your new journey!
- Does your spouse know you love tacos at lunch? May they feed you for a lifetime! All the best.
- Best wishes as you begin a new chapter of your life.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to share this special day with you. Congratulations!
- We placed a bet in the office on how long this relationship would last. We bet on forever.
- May your spouse be as kind and warm to you as you’ve been to us. Best of wishes.
- May the memory of this day put a smile on your face today and always.
- Congratulations on the beginning of a new life together.
And so, dear readers, we come to the end of our journey through the world of wedding wishes. We hope that our list of 110 thoughtful messages has ignited a spark of creativity within you and inspired you to craft the perfect message for the happy couple.
Remember, when it comes to wedding cards, the key is to let your heart guide your pen. Share your love and well wishes in a way that feels authentic to you. So go forth, dear friends, and make the bride and groom feel truly special on their big day.
Congratulations to the newlyweds, may their love continue to flourish and bring them joy for a lifetime.
- What Should I Wear to a Barn Wedding? - February 4, 2023
- 60+ Funny Wedding Vows to Tie the Knot with Laughter - February 3, 2023
- A Complete Guide to Writing the Perfect Anniversary Wishes for Your Friend (58 Examples) - February 2, 2023