Are you dreaming of a wedding ceremony surrounded by your favorite people while beautiful wedding hymns fill the air?
Well, you’re in luck! We have rounded up and collected some of the most lovely and inspiring hymnal classics that were carefully selected to enhance the spiritual bliss of your special day!
Get ready to be swept away by amazing favorites from simpler times as we explore 140+ beautiful wedding hymns for when it’s time to walk down the aisle.
Traditional Wedding Hymns
Wedding season – the time of year when love is in the air and the sound of church bells can be heard everywhere. And what’s a wedding without a song to set the mood?
Our selection of traditional wedding hymns will have you and your guests singing in harmony in no time. From the classic “Oh Happy Day” to the soulful melody of “Amazing Grace”, these hymns will bring a touch of elegance and sentimentality to your special day.
So get ready to belt out those high notes and celebrate your love with these timeless tunes.
- One More Step Along the World I Go Leaving School Song – Centre of Sound
- As I Kneel Before You – John Keys
- Hail Redeemer, King Divine! – Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Choir
- Give Me Oil In My Lamp – The Ovation Chorale
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness – The Majesty And Glory Performers
- Lord of all hopefulness (Slane) – Traditional Irish
- The Grace of Life Is Theirs (Darwall’s 148th) – John Keys
- Fill your hearts with joy and gladness – Sarah Quartel
- Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven (Praise My Soul) – Glenn Goss
- Lord and Lover of Creation (Westminster Abbey) – John Keys
- All Things Bright and Beautiful (arr. Richard Wilberforce) – William Henry Monk
- Make Me a Channel of Your Peace – Sebastian Temple
- Be Thou My Vision – Trad. Irish
- As Man and Woman We Were Made (Sussex Carol) – John Keys
- Tell out, My Soul – Ely Cathedral Choir
- Make Me a Channel of Your Peace (Arr. Betty Pulkingham) – Sebastian Temple
- Give Me Joy in My Heart (Sing Hosanna) – Sound of Worship
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer – Ely Cathedral Choir
- Morning Has Broken – The Choir of Marlborough College Chapel
- Bind Us Together, Lord – Sound of Worship
- Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer – Hughes
- Come to a Wedding (Bunessan) [Instrumental Version] – John Keys
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation (Hast du denn, Jesu) – Stralsund Gesangbuch
- Be Still for the Presence of the Lord – Schola of St Peter & St John
- Ave Maria, Op. 52 No. 6, D. 839 (Arr. for Soprano, Harp & Chorus) – The Cathedral Singers
- You Are Mine – David Haas
- Be Not Afraid – John Michael Talbot
- Here Is Love, Vast As The Ocean – Swansea Gospel Male Voice Choir
- Praise to the Lord, The Almighty – Chris Springer
- Great is Thy Faithfulness – Discovery Singers
- In Christ Alone – Stuart Townend
- Oh Happy Day – Soweto Gospel Choir
- Sing to the Lord – C. Hubert
- For the Beauty of the Earth – Andrey Jackson
- Now Thank We All Our God – J. Crüger
- Lord of the Dance – Salisbury Cathedral Choir
- Amazing Grace – Traditional
- I danced in the morning – Traditional
- Lord of All Hopefulness – Ely Cathedral Choir
- How Great Thou Art – Traditional
Classical Music for Wedding Hymns
Classical music has stood the test of time for a reason – it’s elegant, timeless, and oh so romantic.
Picture walking down the aisle to the sweet sound of Bach’s “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” or exchanging vows to the sweeping melody of Pachelbel’s “Canon in D.” Trust us, your guests will be wiping tears of joy from their eyes before the night is through.
Here are our top recommendations for Classical Wedding Hymn Music:
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Incidental Music, Op. 61, MWV M 13 – Felix Mendelssohn
- Be Still for the Presence of the Lord – Kathryn Crosweller
- Solomon HWV 67 / Act 3: 42. Sinfonia: The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba – George Frideric Handel
- Unchained Melody – Alex North
- The Lord’s My Shepherd – Stoneleigh Worship Band
- Salut d’amour, Op. 12 – Edward Elgar
- Shine Jesus Shine – HeartCry Worship
- Lohengrin, WWV 75: Prelude to Act III – Richard Wagner
- Water Music Suite No. 2 in D Major, HWV 349: 2. Alla Hornpipe (Arr. Peasgood) – George Frideric Handel
- Exsultate, jubilate, K.165: 4. Alleluia – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Lord Of Earth And All Creation (Arr. Michael Leighton Jones And Christopher Gower) – Henry Purcell
- Organ Symphony No. 5, Op. 42 No. 1: 5. Toccata. Allegro – Charles-Marie Widor
- Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, Cantata BWV 147: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Arr. Piano by Kempff) – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Chapel Of Love – The Dixie Cups
- When I Survey The Wondrous Cross – Glenn Miller
- All People That on Earth Do Dwell – Norwich Cathedral Choir
- Shine Jesus Shine – Graham Kendrick
- Christ is Made the Sure Foundation – Henry Purcell
- Canon and Gigue for Three Violins and Continuo in D Major: Canon – Johann Pachelbel
Instrumental Wedding Hymns
Weddings are a time for romance, bliss, and music. But let’s face it, not everyone has the vocal cords of an angel or can keep a tune for that matter.
Luckily, we have a solution for those who fear they might be the tone-deaf guest that ruins the moment. Instrumental wedding hymns make for a classical and timeless addition to any ceremony. No need to worry about hitting that high note or making sure your karaoke skills are up to par.
With instrumental music, all you have to do is sit back, relax, and let the music do the talking (or rather, the playing). So go ahead and give your vocals a break, let the instruments serenade you on your special day.
- Be Thou My Vision – Bow and Ivory
- Praise My Soul the King of Heaven – H F Lyte
- What a Friend We Have In Jesus – Eric Wyse
- My Jesus I Love Thee – Forrest Wakeman
- There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood – Hymns on Piano
- ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus – Eric Wyse
- To God Be The Glory – The Sheffield Celebration Choir
- Grace Greater Than Our Sin (Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord) – Hymns on Piano
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness – Forrest Wakeman
- The Lord’s My Shepherd (Arr. William Baird Ross And Michael Leighton Jones) – Jessie Seymor Irvine
- It Is Well – Chris Springer
- Amazing Grace – Bow and Ivory
- All Hail the Power – Bow and Ivory
- Maria’s Theme – George Skaroulis
Pop and Rock Wedding Hymns
Some couples have a beautiful love story that could make the hardest of hearts melt. But for many of us, our love story is more of a quirky sitcom than a romantic drama.
So, why not embrace the unapologetic quirkiness of your love by choosing some Pop/Rock Wedding Hymns for your big day? Not only will your guests appreciate a break from the traditional “here comes the bride” routine, but they’ll also be able to jam out to some of their favorite tunes.
Whether you’re into classic rock ballads or modern-day pop hits, there’s a perfect wedding hymn out there for every couple. So, let’s rock down the aisle, shall we?
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness – Anthem Lights
- Here Comes The Sun – Colbie Caillat
- Marvin Gaye (feat. Meghan Trainor) – Charlie Puth
- Winter – Joshua Radin
- You Are My Sunshine – Jasmine Thompson
- The Closest Thing to Crazy – Katie Melua
- Shallow – Lady Gaga
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Bubbly – Colbie Caillat
- And Can It Be – Trinity Church
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
- I’d Rather Be With You [Radio Edit] – Joshua Radin
- Over And Over Again – Nathan Sykes
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Time After Time – Eva Cassidy
- Fields Of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- Rewrite The Stars – Justin Noble Paul
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Songbird – Eva Cassidy
- Over The Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
- Read All About It, Pt. III – Emeli Sandé
- /Back For Good – Take That
- Greatest Day – Take That
- I Got You Babe – UB40
- For You – Alexandra Tamposi
- He Who Would Valiant Be – The Choir of Christ’s College, Cambridge
- Eternal Flame – The Bangles
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight – Elton John
Soul, Jazz, and R&B Wedding Hymns
Looking for wedding hymns that will make your big day soulful, jazzy, and R&B-licious? Look no further! We’ve got the perfect collection of wedding hymns that’ll give your reception that extra groove it needs to keep your guests on their feet all night long.
Imagine walking down the aisle while a smooth saxophone solo fills the air, or dancing with your partner to a sultry R&B love ballad. You might even forget you’re at a wedding and think you’re at a jazz club! So get ready to snap your fingers and tap your toes because these hymns are bound to make your wedding a hit!
- Ave Maria – Leona Lewis
- All Of Me – Tobias Gad
- Who’s Lovin’ You – The Jackson 5
- Yesterday – Leona Lewis
- Footprints in the Sand – Leona Lewis
- You Make It Real – James Morrison
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- Tears and Rain – James Blunt
- If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time – R. Kelly
Nostalgia, Folk, and Country Wedding Hymns
Get ready to bust out your cowboy boots and grab your partner ’cause we’re talkin’ about the best nostalgia/folk/country wedding hymns!
These tunes are sure to transport you back to simpler times when life was all about good ole’ fashioned love and livin’ off the land. Whether you’re looking for a slow, romantic ballad or an upbeat, toe-tappin’ jam, these genres have got you covered.
- Moon River – Henry Mancini
- I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
- No One Ever Tells You – Frank Sinatra
- The Way We Were – Marvin Hamlisch
- Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee – Collin Raye
- The Older I Get – Clanna
- One More Step Along the World I Go – Daniel Shiells
Contemporary Christian Wedding Hymn Music
Looking for a way to intertwine your love for God and your love for your partner on your big day? Look no further than Contemporary Christian Music Wedding Hymns!
These modern tunes will have you and your guests dancing down the aisle (okay, maybe just swaying, but you get the point), while not having to worry about your grandmother giving you the side-eye for having too modern of a wedding, because these hymns still have a solid foundation in faith.
- Here I Am To Worship Light Of The World – Various Artists
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing – Sufjan Stevens
- How Great Thou Art – York Minster Choir
- At the Name of Jesus – Marlborough College Chapel Choir
- How Deep The Father’s Love For Us – Selah
- Here I Am Lord – Kathryn Crosweller
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Amazing Grace) [Instrumental] – Shane & Shane
British Wedding Hymn Music
Get ready to raise the roof with our top picks for the best British wedding hymns! Whether you’re tying the knot in a traditional church ceremony or opting for a more laid-back affair, these songs are guaranteed to get your guests swaying and singing along.
From classic favorites like “Jerusalem” and “All Things Bright and Beautiful” to more modern tunes like “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling,” our selection has something for everyone. So grab your dancing shoes, warm up those vocal cords, and get ready to add some serious charm to your big day!
- Main Theme (From “Ladies in Lavender”) – Nigel Hess
- I Vow to Thee My Country – The Oxford Trinity Choir
- Jerusalem – The Oxford Trinity Choir
- All Things Bright And Beautiful – St. Michael’s Singers
- Be Thou My Vision – The Choir of St. Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral
- Be still, for the presence of the Lord – Huddersfield Choral Society
- Morning has broken – Huddersfield Choral Society
- Lead Us, Heavenly Father, Lead Us – Sheffield Cathedral Choir
- Love Divine, All Loves Excelling (Blaenwern) – William Rowlands
- The Way You Look Tonight – Gerry & The Pacemakers
- You’ll Never Walk Alone – Gerry & The Pacemakers
- Morning Has Broken (New Release) (with Diana Krall) – Art Garfunkel
- The King of Love My Shepherd Is – Choir of The King’s School
- The King of love my shepherd is – J.B. Dykes
- O Praise Ye The Lord – Hubert Parry
- Parry: Dear Lord and Father of Mankind – Hubert Parry
- O Worship The King – William Croft
- Jerusalem – Hubert Parry
The beauty and simplicity of wedding hymns can bring great joy to both bride and groom, as well as all their guests. From the sweet and sentimental to the joyful and lively, there’s something for everyone!
As you search for the perfect hymns for your special day, remember that these songs will be an everlasting part of your wedding celebration. May these hymns give you blessed memories to look back on now and in years to come.
Whether it’s traditional love songs or upbeat tunes, they will surely fill your day with love, hope and blissful happiness. So don’t forget a couple of those gorgeous hymns when you’re putting together your wedding ceremony – they will definitely make your big day spectacular!
- Unique Traditions in Mexican Weddings: Exploring Love and Devotion - September 16, 2023
- Virtual Bridal Shower Game Ideas For A Memorable Celebration - September 14, 2023
- Remarkable Ideas for Your Sustainable Dream Wedding - September 13, 2023