Much like having the perfect cake and a stunning dress, wedding music is an essential part of your big day. After all, you don’t want to be standing in front of your guests saying “I do” to dead silence and crickets chirping!
Adding some tunes to that special ceremony moment can truly add some magic. But with so many songs out there – how do you choose? That’s where this blog post comes in — we’ve rounded up the best 178 wedding ceremony song ideas so you can craft something meaningful (and fun!) for your guests!
See also: Wedding Interlude Music
Classical Wedding Ceremony Music
Let’s start our list with the timeless charm of classical wedding ceremony music – it can make hearts race and emotions swell like nothing else. When that iconic melody hits just right, you know love is truly in the air.
So if you’re a sucker for the works of Bach, Beethoven, Wagner or any of their virtuoso buddies (hey, no judgment!), we’ve got some Grade-A classics coming your way. Time to give a touch of elegance to your nuptials that proves love never goes out of style: Feast your ears on these exquisite picks perfect for your grand entrance or graceful exit!
- Four Romantic Pieces for Violin and Piano, Op. 75: I. Allegro moderato – Antonín Dvořák
- Méditation – Jules Massenet
- Enigma Variations: Nimrod – Edward Elgar
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – The Suntrees Sky
- Air on a G String – Johann Sebastian Bach
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Op. 61: VII. Wedding March – Felix Mendelssohn
- If I Ain’t Got You – Henry Smith
- Clair de Lune – Claude Debussy
- Trumpet Voluntary in D Major “The Prince of Denmark’s March” – Jeremiah Clarke
- Sheep May Safely Graze – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Fur Elise – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Water Music Suite, HWV 348-350: Alla Hornpipe – George Frideric Handel
- Sarabande, BWV 1007 – Andrei Krylov, Lana Ross & Andrew Grossman
- Salut d’Amour, Op. 12 – Edward Elgar
- Minuet in G Major – Bach (Petzold)
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Concerto In E Major “La primavera”, Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269: I. Allegro – Antonio Vivaldi
- Trumpet Tune – Henry Purcell
- Romance for String Orchestra, Op. 11 – Gerald Finzi
- Gymnopédie No. 1 (Arr. for Harp) – Lavinia Meijer
- Sleepers Awake, Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns Die Stimme, BWV 140 – Andrei Krylov, Lana Ross & Andrew Grossman
- Etude No. 2 – Philip Glass
- Bridal Chorus (“Here Comes the Bride”) – Richard Wagner
- Highland Cathedral – Phil Coulter
Piano Wedding Ceremony Music
Are you ready to add a touch of ivories magic to your special day? Enter the enchanting world of piano wedding ceremony music—where delicate notes sing the song of passion and romance.
You’re about to experience goosebump-inducing tunes that’ll echo the whispers of love within every fiber of your being. Trust me; these dreamy piano melodies are set to waltz their way into everyone’s hearts, including yours!
- In Love – Alec Windt
- Can We Kiss Forever? – Kim Bo
- Make You Feel My Love – Piano Covers Club from I’m In Records
- Let It Be (Piano Solo) – Solo Piano Remix Squad
- Thinking out Loud – Relaxing Piano Crew
- Ocean Eyes – Piano Fruits Music
- Together We Will Live Forever (From “The Fountain”) – Clint Mansell
- Candlefire (from The Diary of Anne Frank) – Michael Nyman
- Sweet Child O’ Mine (Piano Instrumental) – Pianofy
- Everything – Piano Dreamers
- In My Life – Keywhiz
- Against All Odds – David Osborne
- Fix You – Music Lab Collective
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Asnda
Instrumental Wedding Ceremony Music
Ready to dance the day away without lyrics stealing the show? Well then, let’s talk instrumental wedding ceremony music, where melodies are the heroes and instruments narrate your love story.
Oh, just imagine your guests being enthralled by heart-stirring strings or swept away by soulful brass as you begin your epic journey of wedded bliss. From dramatic crescendos to tender whispers of harmonies, this selection is a musical delight that perfectly captures those once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- Green Pastures – Simon Wester
- Never Tear Us Apart – Sleeping At Last
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – Sleeping At Last
- Georgia On My Mind – Clark Younger
- Harbour – Bela Nemeth
- Princess Elvira – Ana Olgica
- Pour l’amour de toi – Piotr Miteska
- Hommage – Jean Permentier
- Tampa – Heinz Goldblatt
- Ho hey – Ronald Emery
- A Walk Down the Aisle – In Amber
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) – Hillsong Instrumentals
- Pachelbel Meets U2 – Jon Schmidt
- Game of Thrones (Main Theme) – Boyce Avenue
- Amazing Grace – The Suntrees Sky
Nostalgia Wedding Ceremony Songs
Ever wished for a time machine to transport you right in the middle of your favorite love-soaked era? Say no more- we’ve got exactly what your heart desires.
Nostalgia wedding ceremony music is like an instant ticket to memory lane (all aboard!). We’re talking tunes that spark a kaleidoscope of emotions and evoke memories so powerful, you’ll feel like the stars were bending over backward just for you two.
Get ready to swoon as we gift wrap some irresistible vintage vibe-inducing tracks that will make time stand still on the most magical day of your lives.
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me – Ella Fitzgerald
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Can’t Take My Eyes off You – Frankie Valli
- The Way You Look Tonight – Tony Bennett
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
- La vie en rose – Louis Armstrong
- L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- Fly Me to the Moon – Imaginary Future
- Everything – Michael Bublé
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
Pop Wedding Ceremony Songs
Hey pop lovers, are you ready to add some groove as you tie the knot? That’s right; we’re diving headfirst into a world of upbeat melodies and catchy lyrics with our fabulous lineup of pop wedding ceremony music!
Get set to burst at the seams with love when these chart-topping tunes tickle your eardrums and set the stage for your grand entrance. This gorgeous medley was cherry-picked just to make sure your special day feels straight out of a blockbuster rom-com (yes, please!).
- Rather Be – Jasmine Thompson
- Ave Maria – Sarah Brightman
- Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
- CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! (from DreamWorks Animation’s “TROLLS”) – Justin Timberlake
- I’m A Believer – Smash Mouth
- Lord of the Rings – The Piano Guys
- Dressed in White – Vicente Avella
- Il Mondo – Jimmy Fontana
- Is That Alright? (Wedding Version) – Paul Hankinson
- Marry Me – Train
- Viva La Vida – 2CELLOS
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) – George Michael
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Kina Grannis
- Locked out of Heaven (Piano Version) – Jonny Southard
- Always Be My Baby – Mariah Carey
- What Makes You Beautiful – The Piano Guys
- La Califfa – Sarah Brightman
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Sweet Creature – Harry Styles
- I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
- The Heart Asks Pleasure First – Michael Nyman
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- It Must Be Love – Madness
- Without You – The Piano Guys
- First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Real Love – Tom Odell
- Lets Get Married – William Singe
- You Are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
Country Wedding Ceremony Songs
Are your hearts ready for a genuine dose of twang, tears, and powerful emotions? Then giddy up, ’cause we’ve rounded up the best country wedding ceremony music to sweep you off your boots!
Prepare yourselves to be whisked away on a heartfelt journey where soul-stirring lyrics perfectly capture the beauty of loving and being loved. Hold onto your hats as we present ballads that are equal parts intimate and uplifting – crafted just for moments like these when two become one.
- From This Moment On – Wedding Music Ensemble
- The Best Day – George Strait
- Bless the Broken Road – Wedding Music Ensemble
- Remind Me (with Carrie Underwood) – Brad Paisley
- The Long Way – Brett Eldredge
- My Miracle – Brad Paisley
- This Woman and This Man – Clay Walker
- I Love You Just the Way You Are – Soul&Roll
- Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Loving Is Easy (feat. Benny Sings) – Rex Orange County
- I Need You – Tim McGraw
- Big, Big Plans – Chris Lane
- To Know Love – Little Big Town
- Your Everything – Keith Urban
- Hey Pretty Girl – Kip Moore
- Born to Love You – LANCO
- It’s Your Love – Tim McGraw
- Prayed For You – Matt Stell
- You’re Still The One – Shania Twain
- Waitin’ On a Woman – Brad Paisley
- To The Moon And Back – Luke Bryan
Rock Wedding Ceremony Songs
Alright, rock ‘n’ roll lovebirds, it’s time to let your hair down and unleash your inner rebel! Wedding bells might be all sweet and tinkly, but who says you can’t add a touch of edgy awesomeness while embracing this life-changing moment?
We’ve got just the ticket with our electrifying collection of rock wedding ceremony music. These tunes effortlessly blend roaring guitars, heart-thumping beats, and crowd-pleasing anthems that’ll make you feel like you’re floating on cloud nine (or even eleven!).
- Eternal Flame – The Bangles
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds
- You And Me Song – The Wannadies
- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley
- Tiny Dancer – Elton John
- She’s The One – Robbie Williams
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- You’re My Best Friend – Queen
- Nella Fantasia – Ennio Morricone
- Tender – Blur
- Kiss The Bride – Elton John
- Stand by Me – Ben E. King
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) – James Taylor
- Here Comes the Bride (Bridal Entrance Processional) – The Suntrees Sky
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
- You Make My Dreams (Come True) – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Into My Arms – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Even When I’m Sleeping – Leonardo’s Bride
- Beautiful In My Eyes – Joshua Kadison
- Hallelujah – Ben Laver
Jazz, R&B and Soul Wedding Ceremony Songs
Ready to infuse some smooth, velvety sounds into your nuptial celebration? We’ve put together a sumptuous medley of jazz, R&B, and soul wedding ceremony music just perfect for couples wanting to ignite that extra bit of passion while saying their “I do’s”.
Get set to feel the warm embrace of love wrap around you as we uncover swoon-worthy tunes filled with sultry vocals, lilting beats, and achingly sweet melodies. Let these heart-melting songs add an air of sophisticated romance as you embark on the most enchanting adventure of your lives.
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- At Last – Etta James
- You Make It Real – James Morrison
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James
- All The Things You Are – Atlantic Five Jazz Band
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- One and Only – Adele
- All of Me (Piano Arrangement) – The Theorist
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Young Hearts Run Free – Candi Staton
- (What A) Wonderful World – Sam Cooke
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Songbird – Eva Cassidy
Unique Genres for Wedding Ceremony Music
Are you two daring enough to venture outside the comforts of tradition and explore an entirely new world of music on your wedding day? We’ve got just what you need: a delightful collection of unique wedding ceremony music genres that will elevate your nuptials and truly embody the “go big or go home” spirit.
Prepare to be awe-struck by our treasure trove of genre-bending tunes specially crafted for couples with bold tastes and undeniable flair for redefining romance. And let’s venture off the beaten path together – it’s time to discover new soundscapes to soundtrack your special day.
- Of Crows and Crowns – Dustin Kensrue
- Splitscreen – Lennert Busch
- The Ship Song – Camille O’Sullivan
- Parallellities – Sidney Godot
- One Love / People Get Ready – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- World Of Our Love – Client Liaison
- iFly – Ball Park Music
- Mid Air – Paul Buchanan
- Come and Get Your Love – Redbone
- This I Promise You – *NSYNC
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
- Higher Love – Kygo
- You And Me – Boyce Avenue
- Found a Heart – Emily Hearn
- Wherever You Will Go – Charlene Soraia
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness
- Dream a Little Dream of Me – Dala
- Scotland The Brave – Anonymous
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- This Old Love – Lior
- Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I choose the right song for my wedding ceremony?
Ah, the eternal question! Start by listening to your heart (literally!) and remembering what sparks joy between you two lovebirds. Consider special songs that hold sentimental value or represent your unique love story. Also, think about the ambiance you want to create – elegant, fun, romantic? Explore our curated list of 178 tunes to find something that resonates with both of you.
2. Can I mix different music genres during my wedding ceremony?
Absolutely! It’s YOUR big day, so why not celebrate it with an eclectic mix of melodies that mirror your vibrant personalities? Just make sure to strike a balance that captures the essence of your love story while delighting guests with a memorable experience as well!
3. How many songs should I have lined up for the ceremony?
Traditionally, you’ll need at least four key moments: prelude (as guests arrive), processional (bridal party entrance, parents’ entrance etc.), bride’s entrance, and recessional (post-ceremony exit). Of course, feel free to break away from norms and include additional tunes during any sacred rituals or special moments.
4. Do we need live musicians or can we play recorded music?
Both options have their own charm! Live musicians add personal flair and elegance while recorded music offers convenience and flexibility in choosing specific versions of beloved tunes. Discuss this with your partner and decide what fits best with your vision for the big day—plus budget constraints too!
5. What if our friends or family members wish to perform during our wedding ceremony?
Invite them aboard! Including loved ones’ talents makes everything more personal and memorable while also serving as lovely tributes on this meaningful occasion. Just ensure they’re aware of all necessary details like setup requirements and get ample time for rehearsals if needed.
6. Can we sneak in some unconventional music to surprise our guests?
Why the heck not?! Throwing in something unexpected can make your ceremony even more memorable and entertaining. Just ensure that you strike a balance between staying true to your personality as a couple, while also delighting all attendees with an unforgettable experience.
And there you have it, my fabulous lovebirds – 178 spellbinding tunes that’ll surely make the sound waves dance on your big day! Whether you’re all about toe-tapping jazz or heart-thumping rock ‘n’ roll, finding the perfect soundtrack to accentuate your nuptial celebration truly makes every moment that much more magical.
Embrace the enchanting serenades capturing your love story and let the melodies etch themselves deep within your hearts. Now go ahead, pick up that sparkling playlist wand, and craft an extraordinary musical experience that’ll leave everyone – including yourselves – absolutely mesmerized. Happy swooning!
Leave a Comment