Weddings represent a lifetime of commitment, so it’s no wonder that these events are the most special moments in a person’s life. This is an emotional time when two people unite as one to share their lives, and it’s often celebrated with good wishes and other celebratory messages. One of the easiest ways to honor a religious couple during their wedding is to offer them a heartfelt and thoughtful wedding wish.
Religious wedding wishes express faith in God while offering thoughtful words to the bride and groom. Make it authentic and heartfelt, not written from a template, but ensure the couple is open to receiving religious messages first. Feel free to draw from Scripture if it calls out to you.
This article provides ten religious wedding wishes and messages to wish the couple a happy, healthy, and loving marriage under God. Keep reading to see the messages.
1. “It is an honor and privilege to witness your joining in holy matrimony under the watchful eye of our Lord and Savior. Wishing you a lifetime of dedicated love and happiness protected by God.”
Marriage is one of the oldest and most sacred relationships known to man. Scripture teaches us that marriage is the closest example of an intimate relationship with God, mirroring His unconditional love and devotion. It is a union that involves spiritual, physical, and emotional closeness.
In Genesis 2:24, it says:
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”
With this religious wedding wish, you get to express your gratitude as a guest for being invited to the event. You’ll also offer your wishes for the couple to enjoy a happy marriage filled with love and happiness and security and protection from God.
2. “When you give your all to our Lord and Savior, he will give unto you. Your devotion to God has led you to devotion in love. May your marriage be filled with faith, happiness, and many blessings.”
In Matthew 7:7, Jesus speaks to His disciples and says:
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
This wedding wish dives into the message that Jesus delivered to his disciples. It tells the bride and groom that when they give themselves to God, He gives them what they need in return, as long as they ask in His name. Of course, our requests in life must align with the will of God.
In this message, there is an implication that the bride and groom were brought together as a gift from God for their faith in Him. This is an ideal message to share at a wedding for couples who have fully devoted themselves to the Lord and dedicated their lives to serving him.
3. “I pray that your lives are enriched with the power of the Holy Spirit and that your bond remains as strong as your faith in Him.”
For a quick toast or brief message, this self-explanatory wedding wish is a great choice. It expresses the desire for the bride and groom to maintain their faith in one another just as they hold onto their faith in God — and it doesn’t take much.
According to Matthew 17:20-21, with faith the size of a mustard seed, a person can move mountains. This indicates that even the smallest amount of faith is enough to keep the spark alive in life and in love. Therefore, a couple who keeps their faith in God alive throughout their marriage can do mighty things together and beyond.
4. “The unity between man and wife is an expression of God’s love for humanity, as love is of God and God is love. Your marriage is an example of the deepest love imaginable. May all that you do be done in love.”
God has existed forever in perfect harmony with the Holy Trinity, and marriage is symbolic of this pure relationship.
This wedding message touches on the profound spiritual importance of marriage and how it represents the love of our Lord and Savior. This loving message incorporates Scripture, including:
1 John 4:16: “God is love and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.”
1 Corinthians 16:14: “Let all that you do be done in love.”
The wish here is that the couple holds onto their love for each other and that even in the darkest of times, their love wins out.
5. “May the bond between you remain intimate, treasured, patient, and with humility, and may the Lord bestow upon you all of His love, guidance, and wisdom.”
In a marriage, it is crucial that the bride and groom maintain closeness, patience, and humility. Ephesians 4:2-3 reminds us of this importance with its words:
“With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of Spirit in the bond of peace.”
This wedding wish draws on the above Scripture by reminding the couple to show one another humility, gentleness, and patience as they hold onto each other in love. It expresses the wish that they grow their faith in Christ and receive love and guidance from the Lord forever.
This is a great wedding message for a quick toast, as it’s brief, sweet, and to the point.
6. “God knew that you two would come together to form this perfect union and represent His glorious love for humanity. I wish you many years of continued passion.”
“Take God — His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.” – Psalm 18:30
The above Scripture explains how God is pure and perfect in all of His ways — he doesn’t do things randomly. Therefore, God doesn’t make mistakes. This wedding wish expands on that sentiment by suggesting that the relationship between the bride and groom was no accident. It is a perfect union, a “match made in heaven.” The Lord worked behind the scenes to unite them.
The wish in this message is that the couple maintains their love and passion for one another as it was when God first brought them together.
7. “May the Lord bestow upon you His divine blessings and instill in you an even deeper faith in Christ with each passing day. May He protect your marriage and bless your love from now until forever.”
In Isaiah 41:10, God says, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” That is God’s way of saying that he will never leave us.
This short prayer is an excellent reminder to the couple and others in attendance that God is always available to offer blessings whenever He’s asked, as long as you ask in His name.
The wish asks that God shower the young couple with many blessings and encourage them to grow their faith in Him as one flesh. By having each other’s back, praying daily, and worshiping the Lord, he will provide them with all they need, protection from obstacles and strength in love for all eternity.
8. “The love of God is what brought you together, and it is the bond that will bind your marriage until the end of time. I pray that your union grows stronger with each passing day and that God blesses your marriage, forever and always.”
A couple that prays together stays together, and a couple that puts God first is a couple that will persevere throughout all trials and tribulations.
God protects his faithful followers. This message explains that God encourages strength and resilience in marriage when couples hold onto an unwavering faith in Him. He will ensure they maintain a bond that cannot be broken.
The wishes for the couple in this message ask for a deeper faith in marriage, as gratitude for finding love bound by Him.
9. “Today, you become husband and wife. Be a support for each other, as God has been a support for you. Always cherish the love which He has given to you. May peace be upon this glorious Union.”
One of the most common Bible scriptures recited during weddings is 1 Corinthians 13:4-5. These verses indicate that love is patient, kind, and selfless, never envious or hateful. True love only thrives on honesty.
This wedding wish draws on 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 in a way by reminding the couple that they should always remember that they’re on the same team. Whenever they have a disagreement or argument, it’s important to step back and cool off. They should remain patient and respectful of one another and support each other as God has done for them.
The wish is that they always cherish the gift of love that God has given them and maintain peace within their relationship.
10. “Your Love is an example of being connected together as one. Love is God’s gift to us, manifested in marriage. May it delight and bring you happiness forever.”
When a man and woman marry, “The two shall become one flesh,” according to Mark 10:8.
This wedding wish reiterates the statement that marriage connects two people as one, much in the way our faith connects us with the Lord. The message expresses the undeniable love between bride and groom, recognizing the twinkle in their eyes which is a great example of how their love is an expression of God’s love for humanity.
As you embark on this new chapter of your lives, may the love between you both thrive and bloom. Let faith direct each step forward and be grounded in the support from family. With plenty of thoughtfulness and lots of love, religious wedding wishes can truly make any celebration special – a genuinely sincere statement wishing for everlasting joy ahead!
- Bridal Set Vs Engagement Ring: An In-depth Guide to Help You Decide - October 14, 2023
- Unveiling the Heart of Filipino Weddings: Fascinating Traditions and Rituals - September 25, 2023
- Nifty Ideas for a Fascinating Blue and Yellow Wedding - September 24, 2023