Hello there! I’m Carly and I was a 2009 Walt Disney World bride. I started this blog in 2008 to document the process of planning our Disney wedding and by the time I was married I had fallen in love with the community of brides getting together to celebrate their events online. I started sharing the weddings of my friends and the rest is history!
Magical Day Weddings is designed to do three things: (1) provide inspiration for people planning their Disney weddings, (2) provide a showcase for people who want to share their photos, and (3) provide eye candy for people who love weddings and Disney as much as I do. Check out the links below to jump right to the good stuff.
See the Events
I’ve created galleries to make it easier to flip through the huge library of Disney wedding events here on the blog. You can jump right to weddings, engagement photos, proposals, or anniversary sessions. You can also look at events that took place at a specific location on Disney property by using the Categories menu on the right.
Read About Our Disney Wedding
Background on me: I met my husband at Walt Disney World when I was 19 and since it brought us together we decided to have a Disney wedding. I was a student when we got engaged and we paid for our wedding ourselves, so we were on a tight budget. We spent a year planning the wedding and ended up going over our budget by a little bit, but it was our dream day and we wouldn’t trade it.
This blog started as my wedding planning blog, so you can read everything from the first blog entry to the live-blogging one of my bridesmen did during our wedding ceremony. If you want to read about our Walt Disney World wedding, check out my detailed wedding trip report. If you’re more interested in the highlights from our planning days, I recommend reading about my dress, our flowers, our wedding newsletter, my hair/makeup, our WDW engagement photos, our guest book, our wedding attendant newsletter, our DIY wedding invitations, what the bridal party wore, our $20 DIY centerpieces, the hoodies I made my bridesmaids, our wedding program, our honeymoon, and the total cost of our Disney wedding. One of my favorite pieces I’ve written about our wedding is this one about my anti-Disney dad.
Plan Your Wedding
– Can We Afford to Have a Disney Wedding?
– Planning a Disney Wedding: The First Steps
– Find Vendors for Your Disney Wedding
– The Top 3 Myths About Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings (Disney Weddings are Too Expensive, All Disney Weddings Are Princess-y, Our Guests Won’t Travel That Far)
– Disney Weddings: Expectations vs. Reality
– Top 5 Insider Tips for Disney Weddings
– 7 Ways to Get Involved in the Disney Bride Community
– Finding Your Photographer – Tips from Katie Keller
– How to Take Engagement Photos at a Disney Resort
– YES, You Can Bring an Outside Photographer Into Disneyland
– Top 5 Most Repinned Disney Engagement Photo Outfits
– How To Look Good in Your Wedding or Engagement Photos
– Guest Post: Choosing a Wedding Venue
– Games For Your Disney-Themed Bridal Shower
– 5 Non-traditional Games for a Disney Bridal Shower
– How to Pick Out Dresses for Your Bridesmaids
– What Characters Can I Have at My Disney Wedding?
– How to Design Your Wedding Cake
– DIY Project: Make Your Own Glass Slippers
– 20 Things to Put in Your Wedding Welcome Bags
– Ten Food and Beverage Disney Wedding Facts
– Instant Wedding Vows: What to Say When You Don’t Want to Write Your Own
– Finding your Pre-Wedding Glow at Walt Disney World
– Frequently Asked Questions: Disney Cruise Weddings
– How to Book a Specialty Cruise at Walt Disney World
– (Un)Welcome – Etiquette questions about uninvited wedding guests
– Should All the Music at Your Disney Wedding Be Disney-Themed?
– The Most Popular Wedding Music
– DIY Tutorial: Stacked Hand Stamped Necklace
– Dos and Don’ts of Working with Your Wedding Vendors
– How To Get Married At Tokyo Disney
If you have questions about being featured on this site, check out our Submit Your Disney Event page. I do need to have the permission of the photographer before any photos can be posted, so be sure to include that information in your email!
If you have questions about advertising on this site or joining the Magical Day Weddings Disney wedding vendor list, drop me an email at email@example.com and I’ll get back to you soon!
If you have questions about your wedding, I would recommend that you hit the Facebook groups or forums before dropping me a line, mostly because I usually don’t have the info you’re looking for since I’m not connected to the Disney Weddings team. Other couples who are also planning their events are a great source of knowledge!